Light-O-Rama Forums

Insert Channels Question

nmonkman

When I build sequences for others, I always enter in 3 dead channels for marking out items. They are BEAT, EFFECT 1 and EFFECT 2 respectively.

WHen I am working on someone else's sequence I have to insert these throughout the sequence. Up to now I spend about an hour inserting 3 channels at different locations down the channel config. Name them one at a time, designate color one at a time, etc.

Is there a way to save these 3 dead channels as a track or something so that I can just insert where I want them?

Thanks,

Saving those three channels as an individual track would work reasonably well if you already were using multiple tracks, although moving tracks up or down is a tedious process and must be undone after you're finished sequencing so there's conformity for being able to export/import configuration files without problems.

If you're working with all your channels in a single track, I can't think of anything quicker than clicking and dragging to move those three channnels where you want them.

Thanks, George.

The hardest part is doing it for the first time. Then I can save the .lcc file of course.

I wasn't aware of an easy way to do this using tracks, but I thought I would check.

Might be a good suggestion for 2.9, though. It would be nice to "insert" a copied channel with the channel name and color, etc already configured.

Thanks,