Light-O-Rama Forums

Just Ordered another Controller for my Halloween Display!

Guest guest

Well I just weet and ordered another CTB16PC fully assembled unit for use in both my Halloween and Christmas Display to give me an additional 16 channles, so now I have 80 channels to work with and will have to do some real retweaking once the new controller gets here on all my sequences! I thought 64 would be enough, but soon found out as I used up each channel and kept adding more and more to my display elements, I was running short on channles for everything. I know 80 may still not cover everything, but I'll use some of my display as "static" or those that are animated by their own self-contained controller and let those just run constantly in the background with the major element being on the LOR animations.

Fortunaely the head finacier (wife) gave me the okay to buy ONE controller (I tried to talk her into letting me buy 2, but that was a definitive "ABSOLUTELY NOT" at this time. But I can settle for one now and hopefully buy some more later! And to think I was going to try and only use 1 controller and 16 channels initially.

Guess we can just NEVER have enough channles or controllers! LOL

You have described my situation completely. But,..... finances keep me from ordering more this year. Started out thinking 32 channels would do, considering the Mr. Christmas I used last year only had 6 channels. But then you start watching all the videos and you see all the elements you don't have. Now I am up to 48 channels and about 10,000 lights, still don't have all the elements I want and my slush fund is broke. Oh well there is always next year.

Mike Manzara wrote:

You have described my situation completely. But,..... finances keep me from ordering more this year. Started out thinking 32 channels would do, considering the Mr. Christmas I used last year only had 6 channels. But then you start watching all the videos and you see all the elements you don't have. Now I am up to 48 channels and about 10,000 lights, still don't have all the elements I want and my slush fund is broke. Oh well there is always next year.

Well fortunately my wife got a retro-payment from UE which allowed her to allow me to buy ONE controller, I really wanted two for 96 channels, but that's got to wait until all the other bills are taken care of. This controller is actually an "early b'day gift to me from her", and since my b'day isn't 'til November, it was nice she agreed to fund the controller for Halloween, then I can update my Christmas theme as well.

Eventually I plan on adding at least another 4 or 5 controllers, since I can already see I'm going to keep adding stuff until I'm out of channels again. LOL But that'll be later down the road for me too.

I programed my Halloween display back in January, and it is only 32 channels, but it looks really good(at least to me anyway:D) But here is my opinion: It does not matter how many channels you have, it only matters how you use those channels. I do all of my sequencing based off of this.

It sure does take a lot of crushed soda cans to get enough for a controller.

I know osme pople go around and sell adds, and get sponsorships. (and I dont dis credit the idea) but it doesnt sit well with me.

If I want to go broke putting a smile on peoples faces- good for me. It just doesnt seem quite right to sponsor the hobby...

We Took donations for canned goods for our local food bank last year - but of course we gave all the food to the charity, when people take sponsorships, they still end up keeping the hardware.