Light-O-Rama Forums

Making the lights sway back and forth between mini trees

Blake

This might be easy to answer, but I'm trying to make the lights move back and forth between two trees. I have a choppy look and want to know how to make the move back and forth seem smooth.

I need the lights to fade back and forth between the two trees.

Thanks in advance.

Blake wrote:

I need the lights to fade back and forth between the two trees.

Hi Blake,

You have the answer right there in your own words. Use a fade down with the first tree while at the same time using a fade up with the second tree.

For the effect shown, go into the View pulldown menu, select "fades" and then choose "as ramps"

To reproduce the pattern shown, on one channel select the group of cells that is ramping up, then press "u" on the keyboard for the ramp up effect. Then select the cells you want to ramp down and press "d" on the keyboard. That will produce the ramp down or fade out effect.

Does that answer what you were asking?

Randy

Bare in mind that not all the lights fade the same. I use LEDs and some fade real nice and some fade O K but a bit quicker, some do not fade at all.

I cannot say what mini lights fade like as I do not use mini lights.

Thanks for the visual it appears I need the lights to fade longer than I have been doing. The lights I have seem to fade very well, so that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks again.