Light-O-Rama Forums

cmdmap.lcm file does not get updated

jeffl

I'm building a new Windows 7 show PC. After I moved my sequence folder now none of my windows commands show in the sequence. I have verified the cmdmap.lcm file exists, keys are same and sequences and cmdmap.lcm file are in the sequences folder. I'm puzzled.

The other crazy part is I then added a command to a sequence and noticed it stayed in the sequence but my cmdmap file does not get updated. Where could it be saving this information?

I will admit I changed the AudioPath, ClipboardPath, NonAudioPath,UserDataPath and VisulizationsPath after installing because I didn't like the path it was in.

I am running 2.8.10.

Run the verifier and it may help you figure this out.

You can see your LOR folders using REGEDIT here
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLight-O-Rama

cmdmap.lcm is stored in "NonAudioPath" folder.

I found the problem. After seeing that I could save commands, and they would stay. I noticed the cmdmap.lcm file was not getting updated.

I did the same thing and noticed that a file called SequencesCmdMap.lcm in the Light-o-rama folder was being updated.

I think I found a change that may need to be updated in the help file.

Correct. The file is called SequencesCmdMap.lcm and it's in the Light-o-rama folder instead of Sequences. After I copied my cmdmap.lcm file in this location with SequencesCmdMap.lcm file name all my commands show up in my Sequence files. I haven't tested to see if they actually run however.

That's very strange.

Could you please send me (bob@lightorama.com) a copy of the output of the LOR Diagnostic utility? You can run that from the "Light-O-Rama" folder in your computer's Start menu. Thanks.

As I could not sleep tonight it came to me what the problem could be. I missed the "" at the end of the NonAudioPath when I changed the registry values.

I had this:

C:ShowFilesLight-O-RamaSequences

It should be this:

C:ShowFilesLight-O-RamaSequences

My guess is the code is taking NonAudioPath + 'cmdmap.lcm' as the filename and in my case coming up with Sequencescmdmap.lcm.

I believe in the end, "I" am the problem. :P

Back in my windows coding days we checked for the trailing "" on directory names. It might be useful when you have users/hackers like me.

Sorry for the wild goose chase.