Light-O-Rama Forums

Hello from Gainesville, FL

wglyons

I'm a newbie to the Light-O-Rama brand, but I've been wanting to do this for a long time, so I've been a fan for quite some time. I just received my shipment of 32 channels, and I've been busy downloading and working on sequences. Speaking of "just receiving my shipment", who do I contact about missing literature??? Someone in the shipping department forgot to include a GREEN piece of paper in the box!!!!

Anyhow, I'm planning on several songs for my first year!!! They include:

Wizards in Winter
Appalachian Snowfall
Siberian Sleigh Ride
Queen of the Winter Night
Sarajevo 24/7
Believe in Holiday Magic

As you can see, I'm a huge TSO fan (I've been to see them the past two years in a row, and my daughter has gotten a drum stick from Jeff Plate both times!!!!)

For the most part, I think I'm about set. The major issue right now is Believe...I have a 32 channel sequence, and one that is over 100 channels. I like the 100+ channel version better, so I'm working on condensing that down to 32, and to make it fit my set-up. Obviously, it's a lot of work because it's such a long song.

I am SOOOO excited for the set-up!!!!

Greg

Welcome to the madness! Do lots of reading and ask lots of questions, since there are lots of others around here to help. Plus make sure you contribute what you know since we are all still learning new things for our displays. You will find that TSO is popular here--good tempos for sequencing.

You also might want to put your location in your profile since you might find some locals nearby that may have particular tips for your environment plus it will help us northerners keep from warning about issues regarding snow, etc.

Hi Greg,

I live just down the road in Ocala, this is my 2nd year doing LOR. The first year I had 96 channels but increased to 144 this year. Welcome to this mad mad world of LOR. If you get in a bind and need help or any ideas maybe we can sit down and talk about them.

Earle

• 2 weeks later...