Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Shuffle

Rick Hughes

So the Obsessive Compulsive in me fears giving up the "control" of music sequence ... though I personally get tired after 30+ nights of the same order. [i've been known to create different shows for specific days of the week or odd/even numbered days of the month.]

I *may* use shuffle for a while and see how that goes, and was wondering if others have used it and any experiences or tips to report.

I tried it a little last year, worked ok however if you have annoucements (I have several) they may run back to back. It wasn't bad but I normally don't do that. Overall the change was nice.

Like George and Greg I have announcements as well and like you I have a different order for each day of the week to mix it up.

A while back I remember reading that with shuffle you find that some songs play more than others and a few rarely play. If I remember right one person that used it tracked them and had a list of how often their songs played. I think it was explained as having something to do with the way shuffle is calculated by the program.
Maybe someone here remembers where that topic feed is so you can read it.

Thanks fellas. That's about as I expected.

Even though I don't have announcements I have a particular vision of how the pieces should fit together.

I don't think I'll be doing much shuffling in December.