Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio File Question

nmonkman

Can LOR use M4A files for audio or is it only MP3 or WAV?

I have never tried it, but thought I better ask first.

Also, what is the best format to resolve issues with a song not lining up all the time?

I have been using 128kbps, but I am having some issues on some songs.

nmonkman wrote:

Can LOR use M4A files for audio or is it only MP3 or WAV?

I have never tried it, but thought I better ask first.

Also, what is the best format to resolve issues with a song not lining up all the time?

I have been using 128kbps, but I am having some issues on some songs.

When creating a new musical sequence, there is a drop down in the bottom right part of the dialog box. There you will see the file types that LOR supports. M4A is not one of them. If memory serves, that's the extension of iTunes files, which, would not be supported.

Also, anytime you are having issues with timings, I would make sure you are using a Constant Bit Rate music file. Run it through Audacity if you have to. Variable Bit Rate files will (more often than not) cause the song and timings to be out of sync.

Thanks, Don.

I got this audio converter that will convert just about anything by OjoSoft. I noticed one of the conversion options was M4A along with several others.

After a little research I discovered what you stated below about being an I Tunes file.

Thanks much for the input and confirmation!

• 2 weeks later...

There is a tutorial PDF file on the LOR support page on how to use audacity to get the constant bit rate of 128bps. I believe you can import and export the files as MP3.