Light-O-Rama Forums

DTMF tones

Scott T

I'm working on integrating LOR, Zara radio and RDS.

First starting with a single sound card and using DTMF to control Zara start and stop.

How do you add a DTMF tone to a LOR sequence? (I hope you're not going to tell me to add it in the mp3 file)

Since the LOR Sequence Editor can only work with the audio file you supply it, you are unable to "add" to a music file from within the SE.

While there are many solutions, the quickest (I think) in your case is to create a musical sequence with nothing other than the DTMF tone. Then use that musical sequence as your shutdown sequence. (You can have more than one sequence in the shutdown section.)

This would cause the LOR Software to play the sequence at the very end of the night, thus triggering Zara.

that is exactly what I do, (set up a sequence on the shutdown) It has been a while since I set this up but If I remember I needed to enable the dtmf tone detector. Also if you are running this on the same computer as LOR then you can simply use the stop command to stop the playlist before LOR show starts up.

Don wrote:

While there are many solutions, the quickest (I think) in your case is to create a musical sequence with nothing other than the DTMF tone. Then use that musical sequence as your shutdown sequence. (You can have more than one sequence in the shutdown section.)

"Shutdown sequence" Got it!

I knew there was something simple that I was missing.

Wouldn't it be easier just to put in a stop to zara radio in the events section say 5 seconds before your show and then start 30 seconds or so after the show ends. That works great. Now you don't have to figure out the crazy tone junk or have to hear that on the radio.

friskybri wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier just to put in a stop to zara radio in the events section say 5 seconds before your show and then start 30 seconds or so after the show ends. That works great. Now you don't have to figure out the crazy tone junk or have to hear that on the radio.

At least with my show (and I suspect others) the ending time is never exactly the same. I have different shows that I run each night so the ending time will vary by 3-5 minutes, depending on various factors.

In cases like this, you'd want the DTMF tone to run just after your last song for the night. (And in my case, that's exactly what I did.)