Light-O-Rama Forums

The Display Issue again any suggestions

Ed P

Problem: Open a sequence seems to show fine, open a second sequence seems to show fine, when I click tab of the first sequence the sequence is now a black screen of nothing.

Facts:

2004 Dell laptop pentium 4
XP Home SP3
XGI Volari XP5 display - Updated the video driver from Dell
LOR 2.8.10

Tried reducing colors from 32 to 16 no change still get black screen.

Open for other suggestion on this. Especially what/how I can use the new Open GL dialog to try to fix this.

This problem is only my show computer so I do not think it is horrible for me. I can live with it but would be nice to know how to get around it if possible.

Ed

I had the same problem. In fact I think I was the first one to report it. Due to my graphics card being OEM I was not able to update the driver or make changes to the hardware accelerater.

That was an earlier suggestion on this issue that may have helped some people. It sounds like you have the ability to make some changes.

I had to decided between a new computer and using 2.7.6 and opted for the new computer.

That may be an extreme solution to some. I know that the LOR team is working to resolve this.

Sorry I could not be of more help, but hang in there.

Ed P wrote:

Open for other suggestion on this. Especially what/how I can use the new Open GL dialog to try to fix this.

Just an FYI I played with the Advanced Open GL dialog and tried some settings and nothing seemed to change.

Then I tried the last Open Advanced GL setting number 16 and OMG my sequence editor is now working with multiple sequence and no more black screen.

I still have no idea what this dialog does BUT setting 16 fixed it for me on my old laptop.

I even set my colors back to 32 and it still works.

So if you have the black screen start at the bottom with setting 16 and then try all the rest. It worked for me but your mileage may vary.