Light-O-Rama Forums

important Dan Important Dan

Don In Kenner-LA

Hi Dan .

I just dnloaded the Lor S2 2.8.8 And My Virus Protection SPY Hunter and AVG has found a virus in it please check this out Its called 207 I do not know what that is but I just removed it. the window came up and said detected Threat LOR 2.8.8 dnloader Virus 207.

tHANKS dON

From the outside looking in ... that's quite odd. I've got multiple virus/spyware/malware scanners running, and nothing has tripped the alarms.

Hi.

Just leting you know thats what the window said are your sure it hasnt been infected lately since you have down loaded I dnloaded it today. hey iam just trying to help. you can use the info as you see fit.

Don

I'm sorry for adding my thoughts/opinions to this thread.

I was simply trying to help, as were you.

My apologies that my words were not taken in that manner.

Don,

Thanks for the heads up. As the other Don said, this is likely a false alarm by your anti-virus software. The installer file is in a very secure location. We have verfied that it has not been tampered with. However we will be replacing it today with a new file from our repository. I do not think it is necessary but it won't hurt anything.

Dan

Hi Dan.

I was only trying to help and yes I guess it could have been a false Alarm but I didnt think you would want to take the chance. Did not mean to stir up any trouble.

Thanks Don

Don in Kenner,LA wrote:

Hi Dan.

I was only trying to help and yes I guess it could have been a false Alarm but I didnt think you would want to take the chance. Did not mean to stir up any trouble.

Thanks Don

I would rather be safe than sorry. Better a false alarm than a roaring fire. Thank you and I don't think you stirred up any trouble.

I see don's point. About 6 months ago Bitdefender anti virus program was quarantining all active programs and processes on 64bit systems. What A mess Luckly I was at my pc when it started to do this and pulled the plug on the pc. Alot of people lost all their files that day. Some programmer messed up bad that day and hopefully lost his job. I did get a free 2 year subscription out of it.

It's happened with a lot of them. McAfee had one recently, detecting a critical Windows file as infected, I got hit with one a few years ago from Trend Micro.

The real problem is they can't solely go by signatures, but what they think might be something. Plus they don't always have a lot of time. There have been times a worm infected 75,000 systems in 10 minutes.

Howdy folks,
On Tuesday I upgraded to 2.8.8 and my Kaspersky flagged it (the installer file) as a potential problem. I o.k.'d it and it went on.
Just a note to add to the discussion. AVG, which I use on another machine, does have a tendency, every now and then, to flag a false positive.

Yesterday (Wednesday) I upgraded to 2.8.10 and Norton's Insight protection flagged the download saying it was too new and not installed on enough machines to trust. Fortunately, at about the same time another part of Norton proclaimed the download to be okay. Averted a big PIA there - Insight is still refusing to allow Macro Maestro to download to my machine(s). I would have been royally pi$$ed if that had happened with the LOR upgrade.