Light-O-Rama Forums

Which sign would be better

Richard M

I spent several weeks making a tune to sign. Then I went on vacation to Texas to visit my son. He bought me a LED scrolling digital sign. Not sure which one to use. Any comments, pro or con on each. The digital is on top of the one I built so you could see both for this picture.

Attached files 209977=11703-listen to sign 4.JPG

My vote would be...definitely the lower one.

One reason would be, if you have cars driving by, you want them to see the whole message, and they won't if they are driving (depending on speed..) and you're scrolling. Seems like maybe a bit of a safety factor there also.

You might be want to use both. The lower sign can tell people what station to tune to and the other sign can tell people what song is playing or what time and dates the show will be running. You can also run a message about not blocking driveways or playing the radio too loud.

I'll side with all that Brad had to say. Just wondering, if you put up something that distracts the driver and they have an accident. I suppose they could hold you liable?

Max-Paul wrote:

I'll side with all that Brad had to say. Just wondering, if you put up something that distracts the driver and they have an accident. I suppose they could hold you liable?

We put 50,000 blinking lights all over our houses... and you think an FM sign may turn into a distraction liability? (Or were you commenting on putting any decorations out at all?)

amcdonald307 wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:

We put 50,000 blinking lights all over our houses... and you think an FM sign may turn into a distraction liability? (Or were you commenting on putting any decorations out at all?)

I think you could draw a line between lights as a distraction, versus a message sign...(yea, that comment will start a debate...:P)

In Richard's case, a lot depends, it would seem, on where the sign would be positioned, type of traffic, etc.

As far as the looks/aesthetics of the sign, I still like the "tune to" sign better..but not to say the scroller couldn't be an additional information sign...

Brad wrote:

You might be want to use both. The lower sign can tell people what station to tune to and the other sign can tell people what song is playing or what time and dates the show will be running. You can also run a message about not blocking driveways or playing the radio too loud.

WHAT A GREAT IDEA! Why didn't I think of that. I have a share the drive way. I could tell people not to block it. I have a lady a few houses down, that complains about the car radios. I could tell them to keep the sound level down. I could post the times etc. Thank you guys for the response. It's a winning idea.

http://vimeo.com/13432171