Light-O-Rama Forums

Smartphone LOR

Darryl Lambert

I'm finally coming out of the dark ages and purchased a Smartphone.

I remember reading someones post here that they were using their smartphone to access LOR hardware utility when on the roof. I searched but couldn't find it. Any idea how this is accomplished?

Darryl Lambert wrote:

I'm finally coming out of the dark ages and purchased a Smartphone.

I remember reading someones post here that they were using their smartphone to access LOR hardware utility when on the roof. I searched but couldn't find it. Any idea how this is accomplished?

If I remember right it was by running remote access to your show computer - VNC, Remote Desktop, GoToPC, ...... and having the client on your phone. If your good at coding you could write a PHP / any other coding system to fiddle with your show files to do preset sequances via a website ;)

Harrison

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd answer my own post for those who might be interested.

I puchased PhoneMyPC on the android market. Works great and it's only $10 ( while in beta )

Lets me access my desktop and run the hardware utility. No more running up and down the ladder to turn channels on! :P

I will definately use it when we have our lighting ceremony. Instead of having my watch synchronized to the schedule i'll run show on demand from the phone.

So what similar methods exist to access one PC from another? If my show is loaded up on a desktop in the house, what can I use to start the program from a net book on wifi?

• 2 weeks later...