Light-O-Rama Forums

New screen tabs, System crashes

olracs

When using new tabs above your sequencing layout to maximize or minimize the program has crashed on me. Note, this does not happen every time, and you loose what is not saved. I probably should add this to future wish list, but I have another software program that when it crashes you are allowed to continue where you left off when you restart the program. That could be a life saver! Time is every thing. I am useing windows 7, and I have the latest update 2.8.8

Attached files 209698=11682-New tabs LOL.JPG

Sorry for the problem. Could you please give some more detail about exactly when it happens? For example:

Is it when you click on a tab? Or some other time?

It looks like you don't have the sequences maximized - does it only happen in such situations?

Might it happen only when clicking on a tab "before" the active sequence, or "after", or anything like that?

Might it happen after you have switched to a different sequence in some way other than via the tabs?

Any other information that you think might be relevant would also be appreciated. Thanks.

In picture was just for reference. Everytime except for once the seqeunce was maximized, but I may not be able to say for sure if the sequence I was tabing was? I've been doing alot of copying and pasting with both windows minimized, that was never a problem. During play back of the sequnceing. I know the one crash was when I closed all sequences but there was still a tab showing an excisting sequence that I already closed. Clicking on that caused a crash.

The crash that caused loss of data happened because,

#1 when one sequence was maximized and the other wasn't.

or

#2 Both windows were maximized.

hopefully this helps, If more info becomes available I will pass it on. Thanks for help and concern.