Light-O-Rama Forums

Control-C (Copy) causes a scroll

Steven

My normal way of duplicating the events from one channel to another is:

1. Edit -> Select -> Rows(s)
  2. Control-C
  3. (scroll to destination channel)
  4. Control-V

When I type Control-C, the sequence scrolls to the end, meaning I have to go back to the beginning to do the paste.

Doing a little testing, I have found that when you use Control-C and the last cell selected is not on the screen, it will scroll so that cell is on the screen. It does not do this with Edit -> Copy, only Control-V. It's not that big an annoyance, but the question is: "Why?"

Hi Steven,

Here is how I accomplish what you're trying to do....At least you could use this as a workaround for the time being...

To select a row and copy it to another row....

* Using mouse, select the first cell in the row you want to copy from
* Using keyboard, press and hold , then press to select row
* Using keyboard, press and hold , then press C to copy row contents to clipboard
* Using keyboard, press and hold , then press to return to first cell in row (where you started from)
* Use mouse or arrow keys or page down/up keys to put cursor in first cell of row where you want to copy to
* Using keyboard, press and hold , then press V to copy contents of clipboard to entire row...

After awhile, these commands become second nature and are quite fast to execute...

I hope that helps...

Randy

Randy, that's the way I do it also, but I am sure there are more efficient ways.

I tend to be a creature of habit when I have something that works well...

Greg

Me too on the creature of habit statement....Looks like I made a typo on my last line above. I said:

* Using keyboard, press and hold , then press V to copy contents of clipboard to entire row...

It should have been: