Light-O-Rama Forums

No clipboard option for me

Victory402

I'm hoping this is me and not a 2.8.8 glitch...

I can't see any useable clipboard options when I hit the magnifying glass.

Winows xp

IMB t42 laptop

1.5 gig of ram

all of windows upgraded

sp 3.5

clipbrd.exe is present when i do a file search.

I posted this problem on the Christmas Carolina site and Mel Welch is having the same issue as me.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experiencing this?

Attached files 209429=11665-screenshot.JPG

This may help diagnose. From Run window type. REGEDIT (Don't delete or change anything using this program)
Navigate to name shown at bottom of picture. HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLight-O-RamaShared
You should see a entry for where your clipboards will be located. If its missing there may have been an authority issue while installing LOR.
If it is there, now use windows explorer to go to that folder and see if it exists and if it contains any files.

RegEditClipboard.jpg

Bob,

Having a hard time posting a screen shot for ya, but what i see looks just like what you posted only less files under clipboard.

When i looked into the LOR clipboard files, I see all the macros I exported from your program.

Hmmm?

Bingo!

When I right clicked the file, opened properties, I saw the file was not opening with LOR. As soon as I told it too and opened lor, there it was...

Thanks Bob

Attached files 209454=11668-itsworking.JPG

They were associated with something, but can't remember what. Maybe the screen shot above may help? I see a .kb file extention on the old ones. Now I see the lor lightbulb icon with a dif extention.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

COOL! We did it! Were LCB files associated with a different program or with nothing at all?

Hey Bob...or someone...

I must be just tired and doing this too late.

Had the same problems that Victory402 had...but following what you told him, I have fixed it so the clipboard is using LOR...but have not a CLUE how to put things into the clipboard. Thought it was a simple CTRL C or copy...but I don't see anything.

And again..you go to HELP, and it just explains WHAT the clipboard does...not how to use it.

I am not sure that I'm understanding this thread.

First, associating (in Windows) an LOR clipboard file (an "lcb" file) with the LOR Sequence Editor shouldn't really do anything. The only things that should be associated with the Sequence Editor (in Windows) are lms and las files. The Sequence Editor knows where to find, and how to open, lcb files, regardless of whether Windows thinks they belong to the Sequence Editor or not.

Second, regarding this:

I have fixed it so the clipboard is using LOR...but have not a CLUE how to put things into the clipboard. Thought it was a simple CTRL C or copy...but I don't see anything.

And again..you go to HELP, and it just explains WHAT the clipboard does...not how to use it.

I don't understand. When you do a Ctrl-C, what do you mean "I don't see anything"? Where are you looking to see something?

What should happen, after you do a Ctrl-C, is that if you move to a different part of the grid (or to a different grid) and hit Ctrl-V, then whatever was copied (when you did the Ctrl-C) should be pasted to the new location.

bob wrote:

I don't understand. When you do a Ctrl-C, what do you mean "I don't see anything"? Where are you looking to see something?

What should happen, after you do a Ctrl-C, is that if you move to a different part of the grid (or to a different grid) and hit Ctrl-V, then whatever was copied (when you did the Ctrl-C) should be pasted to the new location.

Okay...I thought that you would be able to "SEE" the different "events" in the clipboard...but I think it just hit me...each clipboard only holds a single "event", right? Whereas I thought, if you had a clipboard named "Weber Tree" you could hold MULTIPLE events within that clipboard that pertained to your Weber Tree, and there would be a list of those events (IE: Fade Left, Fade Right, Twinkle, etc.) in that saved clipboard (like in Excel or Word), and you could choose which one you wanted to paste.

But each saved Clipboard is just one single event, right?

I told you it was late and I shouldn't be trying to sequence with one eye open and being half asleep!!!!!

jimswinder wrote:

Okay...I thought that you would be able to "SEE" the different "events" in the clipboard...but I think it just hit me...each clipboard only holds a single "event", right? Whereas I thought, if you had a clipboard named "Weber Tree" you could hold MULTIPLE events within that clipboard that pertained to your Weber Tree, and there would be a list of those events (IE: Fade Left, Fade Right, Twinkle, etc.) in that saved clipboard (like in Excel or Word), and you could choose which one you wanted to paste.

But each saved Clipboard is just one single event, right?

I told you it was late and I shouldn't be trying to sequence with one eye open and being half asleep!!!!!

Every time you do a copy you create a single clipboard. That clipboard can have as many events in it as you like. It could be your entire sequence but you are correct, it is only one clip.

We do not have hierarchical clip boards where you can save clips in different groups.

Dan