Light-O-Rama Forums

off beat

Allen Walterman

I recently finished all of my musical sequences, and just finished putting plugs on my arches, well I plugged them in and played all of my muscial sequences, seven of the eight were fine but one of them gets off beat and up to a couple beats off in real time. Half way through the number it fixes and gets back on beat. When I watch the animation on my computer it looks fine. Has any body had a similar problem? I have been back and forth from the computer to the LOR MP3 with the card. Looks good on the computer and off when I play the lights for real its a mess.

Allen

Allen Walterman wrote:

I recently finished all of my musical sequences, and just finished putting plugs on my arches, well I plugged them in and played all of my muscial sequences, seven of the eight were fine but one of them gets off beat and up to a couple beats off in real time. Half way through the number it fixes and gets back on beat. When I watch the animation on my computer it looks fine. Has any body had a similar problem? I have been back and forth from the computer to the LOR MP3 with the card. Looks good on the computer and off when I play the lights for real its a mess.

Allen

Hi,

Sometime ago, there was fix to the MP3 Director to prevent what you are describing. On rare combinations of songs and sequences, it would start out of sync and slowly it would get back into time. Not exactly sure what version of firmware you have but the latest version from the support page should fix the problem.

Dan

Go to the Hardware Utility in the Control Panel. On the bottom of the HU is a box marked firmware, that will be where you update your firmware from.

Thanks for the help, I went to the hardware utility, found the updates for firmware, saw that I had the 4.01 and saw there was a 4.20 and I think it was a 4.32 but there was a blue or green, does either of these make a difference?

Allen

Those are firmwares for the actual boards.

The MP3 board firmware is at:
http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/DC_MP3_V3-3.lhx

If you do decide to update your controllers firmware versions ... yes, color matters. Usually the software/hardware won't let you load the wrong one, but strange things happen sometimes. All newer boards are Blue, though. Green boards are from (someone help me .. 2007 and before? I know my 2005 boards are green.)

Thanks, I did the update for the green board 4.32 and the begining of the sequence is still off, it fixes itself about 1/3 into the piece. I will keep working on it.

Allen

Allen Walterman wrote:

Thanks, I did the update for the green board 4.32 and the begining of the sequence is still off, it fixes itself about 1/3 into the piece. I will keep working on it.

Allen

Allen,
I am confused as to why you downloaded the firmware for the green board. Don states that the green boards are from back in 2007 or earlier. Do you have an actual green controller board? Also I am trying to understand what you actually have hardware wise. Is this a LOR1602mp3? Or do you have a DC-mp3?

Thanks

Yes, I do have the LOR1602mp3, I have had this controller for about 3 years. The update went through. One of the musical sequences does not play out properly still. As the music plays it seems that the lights get stuck for a beat or two at the begining. Somewhere along the sone it corrects itself. Still trying to correct this.

Allen

Then we are back to Don's question. Is this audio file VBR or CBR? And maybe cause I dont have this hardware. I am wondering if there are two firmware files? One for the controller card and one for the mp3 module? Although your problem is with one song. And I presume you have moved this one song from the end of the show to the first of the show (looking if it is a resource problem and not a song/seq problem).

Allen,

In your 1602/MP3 box there are actually 2 devices that contain firmware. Based on your description you have only upgraded the firmware for the controller itself. As of yet you have not upgraded the firmware for the MP3 player. The firmware blue or green would pertain to the controller in the box.

From the support page. The version that is presently posted is DC_MP3_V3-3.lhx

Please correct if this is not the case.

Chuck

Chuck

Thanks I did update the MP3 firmware and it is a lot better, still a ittle off and it fixes itself earler than yesterday. It is one of those things that probably no one but me will notice but it drives me crazy to know its not perfect.

Thanks for everyones help, love that this is here for us to use.

Allen

Thanks for everyone helping me on this glitch.

Finally after updating the firmware on bothh the LOR and the MP3 and upgrading the software none of that helped, I reinstalled the same song and that fixe3d the problem. Needless to say I am very happy about the fix.

Allen