Light-O-Rama Forums

How to decorate this shrub??

Bob Wingert

In my sequences I plan on using two colors, white and blue (2 channel). What I was thinking and based on the amount of lights I have is this:

3 blue 4x6 LED nets wrapped around the shrub. I need to incorporate the white lights into this somehow. What I'm working with is about 8-10 white strands (70ct) LED's.

My question is, should I wrap the tree 1st with the white then drop the nets over it? It an odd shaped shrub (I will square it more up when the time comes). How would you design experts do this? :cool:

Attached files 209292=11661-SHRUB.jpg

Hi ya pokrplr,

I am no expert either, but I like the way you think. Ya, I think I would sprial on the whites and then lay the nets on top.

There you go, my 2 cents worth.

Everybody's taste is different. When I work with net lights I try to arrange them so they look random as opposed to the even, uniform look which I detest. I'd probably do the whites in a spiral pattern just to give it a different look from the blue.

Dang Max - you're too quick for me today...

Check out my videos on Vimeo below.

I have a bush in my yard almost to the sidewalk. Used 70 Cnt G12 (Raspberry) LED's in three colors (Red, Green, White).

Just did a random pattern by laying the string on the bush 1 color at a time.

One recommendation is trim the bush a few week before decorating.

Kinda hard to tell from the videos, Dennis. I just have never used nets together with strings. Don't watch it to look like a big blog of lights that all blend together. Guess I will go out there one of these nights and do a "trial" to get a feel. Still trying to keep my neighbors in the dark as to whats gonna hit em' in November :)

Thanks all for the feedback!