Light-O-Rama Forums

2.8.8 Glitch or Error

brownjm74

I have just started doing my sequences for this year and I have started a sequence that has two tracks. Things were working great until I closed it and opened it back up. Now when I play the Animation, my second track never shows up? I have never dealt with different tracks before so I don't know if I have done something to cause this. Thanks for the help.

Jeremy Brown

Assuming that it was saved, and nothing odd happened during the save (very, very unlikely) the track is still there.

Look at the top/right part of the page for "Tracks." There you can select the track that you want to work with. Use the drop-down and you should see your second track there.

Don wrote:

Assuming that it was saved, and nothing odd happened during the save (very, very unlikely) the track is still there.

Look at the top/right part of the page for "Tracks." There you can select the track that you want to work with. Use the drop-down and you should see your second track there.

The track is still there however when I play the sequence with the Animator it only shows what I programed in track 1 and not track 2.

I don't have a copy of LOR with me .. but if I recall the animator window has the option to let you program/view tracks. That might be causing the issue.

Perhaps someone who can pull up a copy of LOR will chime in.

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean. For example, perhaps you mean that, in the Animator, you selected "Track 2" from the tracks dropdown, selected some channel in it, and drew with it, but when you play, effects in that channel don't make the cells you drew turn on?

Or perhaps you mean that you have the same channel in two tracks, and you put different effects into the two copies of that channel, but only those that you put in the first track make the cells in the Animator turn on?

If that second possibility is what you mean, then I think the problem is that you don't really have the same channel in both tracks. Rather, you have two entirely different channels, which happen to be set up to use the same unit ID/circuit ID/et cetera. Doing this will cause all sorts of problems, not just with the Animator, but also with your actual lights.

So, rather than making sequences with different channels in different tracks that happen to have the same unit ID / circuit ID / et cetera, you should make it so that the two tracks really do have the same channel (not just channels with the same settings). You can do this for an individual channel by right-clicking its channel button, and selecting "copy to other track". Or, you can do it for all the channels in a track via Edit / Duplicate Track.

If you've put different effects in the two different channels, to get them all, you could copy one (entire) channel, turn on "paste from foreground", and then paste into the other.

Then make sure to get rid of the extraneous channel (the one that happens to have the same settings, but is really a different channel).

If that's not the problem, could you please explain in more detail what's going on? And perhaps attach a sequence, explaining which channels are acting incorrectly? Thanks.

Bob & Don, Thanks for your help!! by reading your help it hit me what I may have done wrong. I did a "copy channel to new track" and then I deleted the channel in track 1. Big mistake because it also deleted it in my Animator. So I redid it and "moved the channel to a new track" and everything is now working great. I just had a major brain fart!! It's a learning curve going from 16ch to 112ch!!

Thanks again guys.

Jeremy