Light-O-Rama Forums

Attaching a music track to sequence

Eric Nanista

Guest wbottomley

Eric Nanista wrote:

The sequence is already done but how do you get the track on it?  :shock:

Thanks all!!!

Uh... you're pretty much sol.

If you want the lights to blink to the music, then it should be a musical sequence not an animation sequence.

Follow these steps to make different sequences: http://www.lightorama.com/w_faq-home.htm

Eric Nanista wrote:

The sequence is already done but how do you get the track on it? :shock:

Thanks all!!!

I think you want to go to Edit / Media File...

If you have somehow created an animatition sequence (non-musical) and you have it "timed" to a particular song then

Create a new Musical Sequence using that audio file. Then with the old and new sequences both on in the sequence editor, copy and paste the whole sequence from the old to the new.

As mentioned you really need to start with an "empty" musical sequence and add the events to it.

Hopefully we have misunderstood the question.

Dan

Why is this so hard? I had to try this myself just to see how difficult it was, and it was really easy! Here's how to convert your sequence from an Animation (no music) to a Musical sequence:

1. Edit your animation sequence. Right click in the loop row (the white row between the time scale and the channels). Select "Remove Loop Level". It will ask if you are sure. Say yes. (Loops are not possible in a musical sequence, so you must remove them before converting.)
  2. Save your sequence as a new name (in case something goes wrong, you'll still have the original). Then close the sequence editor.
  3. In Windows, go to your "Sequences" folder. Find the new .las file you just created, and rename it so it ends in .lms. You need to see the file extensions to do this. If you can't see them, in Windows XP, select "Tools", "Folder Options", then "View" and un-check "Hide extensions for known file types".
  4. Open the new .lms file you just renamed.
  5. It will still be an Animation sequence, but the Sequence editor will now let you use the "Edit", "Media file" menu item to select the audio file to attach to it.
  6. At this point it will still say it's an Animation sequence, but once you save it and re-open it, it will be a musical sequence.

This works in version 2.8.8.

So Eric...did any of these ideas work for you??

Or did we not totally understand your question?

Thanks for all the replies everyone.
I downloaded some sequences last year and thought I had the sequence first and just added the music track with one of the options under the "edit" heading. I was trying to do that this year but could not find anything. I guess the memory is not so good these days because I don't think I did it that way.

All in all, I did create my first sequence for halloween using a "thunder" wav. file. It turned out pretty good.

thanks all!!