Light-O-Rama Forums

Loving new features !

Tim Benson

Loaded 2.8.8 No problems on 3 different computers.

Gotta say... Paste from foreground is fast becoming my favorite new feature, followed a close second with the chase tool. Still learning the best use of other new features, but so far I am lovin' it.

Tim

kzaas wrote:

Other than for the chase feature, what else is "paste from foreground" used for?

Any time you do a paste which would be with "paste", chase and I think repeat.

Dan

I got a crazy question. How exactly do I use the chase tool? I searched the help files, all tools are listed except for the chase tool. I am still learning the software. Very new at this. Thanks in advance.

If you click on chase at top, then highight an active cell, left mouse click and hold, move mouse left,right,up,or down, and it will create a chase.

I finally figured out the chase thing. Thats way cool. I been doing that by hand today. ARG. Spent a few hours today filling in boxes. what a time saver.

The chase from foreground lets you just paste the "on" events and leaves any other channels with other events alone .. IE not overwrite them with OFF events. really
makes chases and other "close" events easy to create.

want to take it step further on making all this EASY !!!!!

turn on "Paste from foreground"

create your first fade up/fade down that your mega tree will spin; next select these effects plus the 4-6 empty cells following it; hit the "+" key about 3 or four times; finally select this entire section in this row and then drag the selected are down and to the right moving over an extra 5 empty timing cells; finally hit the "H" key and your mega tree is SPINNING !!!!!!

ok, you may have to undo a time or two to get the spin to fall in line just right, but it's 10 times faster and a bit smoother too

Ok this seems to be, to much to understand mind is spinning. could someone please make a You Tube video of its use. please. I'm missing the good in this feature and how to apply it usefully.