Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel location

shfr26

If I open a sequence and move the top seven channels, arch 1, to the bottom to be next to arch 2 and export as a new name, and then import into a different sequence, should the effects of the lights stay the same? It appears as thou all it is doing is renaming them and not moving the actions of the lights with it. If that makes sense.

shfr26 wrote:

If I open a sequence and move the top seven channels, arch 1, to the bottom to be next to arch 2 and export as a new name, and then import into a different sequence, should the effects of the lights stay the same? It appears as thou all it is doing is renaming them and not moving the actions of the lights with it. If that makes sense.

Channel Export and Import only deals with the channel configuration and animation window (which is closely tied to the channel configuration).

When you export the channel configuration the order of channels, names, types, Unit IDs, etc.... is saved. When you import a channel configuration the existing channel configuration is overwritten and that is all that happens. The events in the "first row" of the grid stay in the first row, etc..

Dan

So I guess there is no way of moving channels around and having the effects go with it?

You can move or copy channels (right-click on the channel name) and all existing events in the channel will move or copy.

You can also just left click on a channel and drag it up.Its alot faster then move it up 1 channel at a time from right clicking.

Those are both great ways but I was looking for something that I could do to one and import to all the other sequences rather than do each and every sequence.

unfortunately, importing a new channel config is not intelligent enough to look at the unit/ch assignments and move all of the lighting commands associated with them up and down to thier proper locations

One thing I've gone in the past to remedy this is to open the sequence twice (with the old and new config) then highlight and copy the lighting commands in large chunks from the old sequence to the new one. It will take a little bit of time the first time you do it, but the rest of the sequences will go pretty quickly.

Philip wrote:

unfortunately, importing a new channel config is not intelligent enough to look at the unit/ch assignments and move all of the lighting commands associated with them up and down to thier proper locations

One thing I've gone in the past to remedy this is to open the sequence twice (with the old and new config) then highlight and copy the lighting commands in large chunks from the old sequence to the new one. It will take a little bit of time the first time you do it, but the rest of the sequences will go pretty quickly.

Have to agree with Philip on this one. It's the best way to move a channel around, yes, it is time consuming, but once you get the feel of doing it, it just becomes second nature when moving things around.