Light-O-Rama Forums

New Software

Terry Hurrle

The chase can be used for any lights, just hold mouse over any active channel and drag it up ,down, left, or right and it will create a chase you will have to make your highlighted area cover more than 1 channel.

Edit: Do this after clicking on chase.

Fill is for filling in all the empty cells in a channel between point a and point b. It works for all types of channels including CCRs. To be frank, I'm not quite sure what people use it for. I've never personally used it except accidentally when I press the f key which used to be the OFF command.

George Simmons wrote:

Fill is for filling in all the empty cells in a channel between point a and point b. It works for all types of channels including CCRs. To be frank, I'm not quite sure what people use it for. I've never personally used it except accidentally when I press the f key which used to be the OFF command.

Lets say you want an arch to start blank, then come on at one end, leap accross but to stay on... You use the chase tool to make the leap accross. Then use the ON tool to make a vertical bar after the chase with all the channels ON. then use the fill tool and just drag between the chase and the vertical bar of ON cells. Depending on the number of channels in your arch this can be an order of maginitude faster to accomplish.

Fill is a very powerful tool both for non-RGB and RGB channels. I know that I often have you had a fade up followed by a fade down and then wanted to fill in between with ON... The fill tool is a very quick way to do that. But more importantly with the new Chase tool you will see that the Chase does not pay attention to the timing marks. This is great in most cases because you can have a leap or twirl happen on as many channels as you want without the need for tons of timing marks. But because there are no longer timing marks associated with the some events you need a tool like the fill tool that will also ignore timing marks to "fill in"....

With RGB channels the fill will make smooth morphs for you automatically picking the start and end colors.

Dan

When I first started playing with the new software, I didn't see the point. The RGB channels didn't make much sense at first along with the fill and chase. I just gave it a second chance and reconfigured the Visualizer. OK, now I'm sold! After placing my order during the sale, I ordered 2000 led's. Last night I fired up my first object with the new led's (760 hand wired) Now I'm wanting more cards! I'm still waiting for my order to arrive to see if I'm a winner, I hope so, I'll be placing another order.