Light-O-Rama Forums

16 to 32 Channels..Just Making Sure.

Robert G.

So I started off with 1 controller and recently bought my second. All my sequences were 16 channels and I have a few for 32. I just want to make sure that I understand this correctly..If I have a 16 channel sequence, the second controller duplicates and if I use a 32 channel sequence, the controller already knows it's 32 and that's how it plays.

Is it as simple that the controllers already know, or do I have to change certain settings?

Thanks for the tips.

It is pretty easy, but I'll end up typing a lot ... don't panic as you read it.

The easiest way (Assuming you are only using 1 track) to add a 2nd 16 channels is to right-click below the last channel and say "Insert Device Below." Then choose the "LOR/CTB" (16 Channel) device, and make sure its Unit ID 02.

Open your sequence in the sequence editor, then Tools -> Channel Property Grid. You are interested in Unit and Circuit. You'll want to make sure 16 channels are on Channel 01, and 16 are on Channel 02. A 2nd set of 16 channels will appear below.

You will then want to make sure the controllers are configured to be #1 and #2. Depending on which controller you have will determine how you set them. The CTBPC controller is set with the Hardware Utility, and the Showtime series is set with the dials on the board. Check out the user manual if you don't know how to change the channels on the controllers.

Don't forget ... once you set the channels to export a new channel configuration. All you need to do then for new sequences is import the new channel configuration.

Fairly good explanation, but one little error and I will correct within your post Don.

Don wrote:

It is pretty easy, but I'll end up typing a lot ... don't panic as you read it.

The easiest way (Assuming you are only using 1 track) to add a 2nd 16 channels is to right-click below the last channel and say "Insert Device Below." Then choose the "LOR/CTB" (16 Channel) device, and make sure its Unit ID 02.

Open your sequence in the sequence editor, then Tools -> Channel Property Grid. You are interested in Unit and Circuit. You'll want to make sure 16 channels are on Controller 01, and 16 are on Controller 02. A 2nd set of 16 channels will appear below.

You will then want to make sure the controllers are configured to be #1 and #2. Depending on which controller you have will determine how you set them. The CTBPC controller is set with the Hardware Utility, and the Showtime series is set with the dials on the board. Check out the user manual if you don't know how to change the channels on the controllers.

Don't forget ... once you set the channels to export a new channel configuration. All you need to do then for new sequences is import the new channel configuration.

Good job Don otherwise.