Light-O-Rama Forums

How many have the new v2.8.8 already . . . .

Alan C

Being the newbie ....

So if I purchased an older version of the software during the summer sale will my licence code still work for the newest version ?

Dave

RaceMedic wrote:

Being the newbie ....

So if I purchased an older version of the software during the summer sale will my licence code still work for the newest version ?

Dave

Yes

Dave, yes. Just download it, and it will upgrade to the latest version. Most people save the versions rather than running them from the website, as it allows an easy path back to the last version in severe emergencies (whatever they are).

Regards,

Alan.

Most people save the versions rather than running them from the website, as it allows an easy path back to the last version in severe emergencies (whatever they are).

This is always a good idea, but I do want to point out that we keep the old versions available on the website.

Generally speaking, of course. If some version had some totally horrible "erase your hard drive" kind of bug, we would remove it from availability.

Speaking of software bugs, There must be one in the new software, It just made my computer order 4 more controllers and 3 CCR's....
:D

Well, nothing I can do a bout it now, LOL.

Alan C wrote:

For those that have not spotted it at the top, v2.8.8 was released just over 20 minutes ago. :D

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum55/22755.html

Regards,

Alan.

Thanks, I was just wondering about that Alan!

Well, here I go again! Hope I don't have any additional issues with this one. Restoring my computer back to previous versions is so time consuming that I'd rther spend working on my sequences and technique! :)

RaceMedic wrote:

Being the newbie ....

Dave

Your basic question was answered, but I wanted to add something. If you get an email with your license key, it will tell you what your max free upgrade is. After that, there may be an upgrade fee.

I think the only ones approaching that time are the earliest buyers, after version 2.9. And we're talking people that bought the software 4+ years ago.

DavidPeterson wrote:

I think the only ones approaching that time are the earliest buyers, after version 2.9. And we're talking people that bought the software 4+ years ago.

Everyone that purchased LOR before approx June/July last year when the license came out have the SAME criteria for when they will have to start paying. People that have purchased since that time, may have different criteria.

Does not matter if you had LOR 1 and had it 4 years ago. Everyone that was LOR1 got a upgraded to S2 and when the license scheme was put in place everyone up to that point has the same start date.

Chuck

I also downloaded the 2.8.8 this past weekend and have already started sequencing! I'm going from 16ch to 112!! I have a lot of work ahead of me.

brownjm74 wrote:

I also downloaded the 2.8.8 this past weekend and have already started sequencing! I'm going from 16ch to 112!! I have a lot of work ahead of me.

You "just" started!?!?!?
Yes you do have a lot of work a head!

PaulXmas wrote:

brownjm74 wrote:

You "just" started!?!?!?
Yes you do have a lot of work a head!

Well I have been working on lots of new things for this years display such as; making my Mega Tree taller (20' to 30') and adding 7,200 lights and 32 strobes to it, wire frame train, build 6 new controllers (CTB16K) kits, etc.

However I am just starting to sequence, being I was waiting for the new updates and I was afraid that if I upgraded my software (basic to advanced) it wouldn't cover the latest and greatest version (a version 3.0 or such