Light-O-Rama Forums

Timing changes after Upgrade

blainedead

I haven't any of the issues posted yet, and I'm not sure if what I have seen is an issue. By and large, the upgrade is already saving me time.

What I am noticing is the timing marks in many cases are just a bit off from the events that are in them. For example, if I were to change a fade down event from "80%-10%" to "100% to 0%", I will still see a 80% event for a couple of hundredths of a second previous to the change and/or a 10% event after the change.

I don't know if that small an event would even be visible or not. I certainly cannot see it on the animation playback. However, I'm not sure if my moderate obsessive/compulsiveness will allow it to stand, visible or not.:P

What I'm guessing is happening here is that the 80-10 effect did not actually line up with the timing marks that you're currently using, and when you click on the cell inside the timing marks (to change it to 100-0), that only affects the stuff inside that cell (as it is supposed to), leaving the start and end of the 80-10 untouched.

So, I believe, the question is, why didn't the 80-10 line up with the timing marks?

The answer to that is: Hard to say.

Effects have never necessarily lined up with timing marks (except in the days of LOR 1). This is by design. You can do all sorts of things to get them not to line up, such as moving, deleting, or adding timings, switching to a new timing grid, adding effects on the same channel using a different track (with a different timing grid), using "paste by time", using the chase tool, and probably other things that aren't immediately popping into my head.

The next time it happens, I would suggest hitting "undo", and then hovering over the original effect (in the above example, the 80-10 fade). The tool tip that pops up should describe the times of both the cell and the effect; that way you can see whether or not what I'm saying is correct.

I'm not buying into that explanation. I saved copies of all my sequences before I upgraded. I also left one pc un-upgraded.

Actually did this last night. I can find an instance of this on the pc with upgrade. Then I can go check the same event at the same time on the other un-upgraded one, and its not a problem.

Just to add to the conversation, I also noticed that I lost some timings altogether. Some of my tracks are missing timings in some pretty large gaps. There are, for example, mini-tree chases that are just hanging there, with no timings before, during, or after. That is not the way they were sequenced.

blainedead wrote:

I'm not buying into that explanation. I saved copies of all my sequences before I upgraded. I also left one pc un-upgraded.

Actually did this last night. I can find an instance of this on the pc with upgrade. Then I can go check the same event at the same time on the other un-upgraded one, and its not a problem.

Just to add to the conversation, I also noticed that I lost some timings altogether. Some of my tracks are missing timings in some pretty large gaps. There are, for example, mini-tree chases that are just hanging there, with no timings before, during, or after. That is not the way they were sequenced.

Hi,

If you have copies of a sequence before and after then can you send them to support@lightorama.com so we can take a look... Point out the times in the sequence where there you are seeing an issue.

Thanks
Dan