Light-O-Rama Forums

Issues/Glitch with version 2.8.6 LOR Hardware software sequence import

Guest guest

Okay, I had to upgrade all my sequences to the newer version of the LOR Sequencer (version 2.7.6. to 2.8.6), and when I go to import a sequence or s series of sequences that have all been converted and saved in the new format, I get the following error on EVERY SEQUENCE I try to import (got the same error BEOFRE I converted them to the new format, which I *thought* would have corrected this error!)

This is what I get:

Error in Sequence file: Creating Sequence File Subscript out of range

The sequence plays fine in the sequencer, again, saved it to the new format, but continue to get this error on every sequence, even a BRAND NEW SEQUENCE I just created, get the same error. So looks like there's a glitch in the Hardware Sequence Import area. Can't even write them to the SD card using the LOR Hardware wizard because of this issue.

I have not tried this with the other show builders as yet, so can't say if I'll get this error from them as well or not.

I am using Windows XP Home Edition, have plenty of free HD storage, 512MB ram (max for my computer) and I just can't get any sequences to import through the LOR Hardware software.

Just tried the Simple Show Builder and get an error of:

Can not download file: Subscript out of range

Looks Like I need to do a system restore and go back to version 2.7.6, I'd prefer the newer version, but I can't get a show to load or save to an SD card or the computer constantly getting these errors.

Anyone else having these issues with the show builders, hardware wizard or any of their sequences from previous versions of the Lor2 software suite?

I just don't understand why I am getting this error when the sequence RUNS PERFECTLY 100% in the Sequencer, but all the other software show/sequence loaders won't allow me to load ANYTHING, wether it's a premade sequence or a brand new one!

Making me think I should have avoided this upgrade! This is the first upgrade I've had any real issues with like this and just donb't get it, everything is as it should be, but can't load or play any of the sequences in the show builders or hardware software.

So I'm going back to the previous version by doing a system restore and hopefully when this glitch/bug/problem is rectified, will upgrade then. Upgrade does me no good if it won't load and run my sequences in the showbuilders or hardware software.

Addendum:

Okay, I HAD to go back to 2.7.6, the new 2.8.6. LOR II Software suite, no matter which program I tried, SD card or direct from my PC, it WOULD NOT LOAD ANY SEQUENCES, EVERY PROGRAM I TRIED BOMBED OUT with the "Subscript out of Range" and Can Not Load Sequence File, with the exception of the LOR Sequencer, that WAS the ONLY one that would LOAD and PLAY a sequence. None of the others would load, download or save any sequences to the SD card or allow the PC to run them without that error.

I also tried this on my laptop (2GB RAM, 100GB Free HD space, 1 GB ram and Windows XP Home Edition) and got the same results on it too. B)

We will take a look into that issue. Most likely it will be fixed quickly.

A note about Hardware Utility and Simple Show Builder and all LOR programs for that matter. You do not need to convert a sequence from an earlier version to use it. All programs are backwards compatible with all sequence formats back to the original (that is barring a bug).

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

A note about Hardware Utility and Simple Show Builder and all LOR programs for that matter. You do not need to convert a sequence from an earlier version to use it. All programs are backwards compatible with all sequence formats back to the original (that is barring a bug).

Dan

We have found the problem that was causing this issue and it has been fixed. We will get a release out Friday that will fix this issue will also fix the slow drawing issue with the animation window and most likely a couple other things.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

We have found the problem that was causing this issue and it has been fixed. We will get a release out Friday that will fix this issue will also fix the slow drawing issue with the animation window and most likely a couple other things.

Dan

Thank you Dan! I love the look of the new program, but for some odd reason, it wouldn't work on any of my Windows XP HE computers (desktop or laptop). Even when I loaded an OLDER sequence into the sequencer, it wouldn't load the media file(MP3), I had to reload the media file and had spent a LOT of time converting all my sequences to the newer version. Well that is loading, adding the media file back in and then saving into the new format. And I tried EVERYTHING I could think of to get the program(s) to function without giving me that error.

So I'll be looking forward to the updated release on Friday. Fortunately I did keep all the original .BAK and the version 7 bak as well as those files that version 8 made,. so I just have to rename the vrsion 8 bak files to use them in the new software without having to resave them again in that format.

Again, thank you!

No problems on this end with updated software on system with Win XP Media Center service pack 3, with new sequencing/adding to pre-exisiting sequences....

Great new features, thanks Dan, Bob & team!

Greg

Linda wrote:

Should we install the new release whether we have yet to notice problems?

I would install it and keep up to date.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Linda wrote:
Should we install the new release whether we have yet to notice problems?

I would install it and keep up to date.

Dan

Hats off to you Dan! The newest release, version 2.8.8 has resolved the subscript out of range error with writing to an SD card or setting up a show directly from the PC. So far, haven't encountered any issues with the newest release! ;)