Light-O-Rama Forums

How To ?

rgardner518

LightORamaDan wrote:

pokrplr wrote:
wait wait wait...Coming into this thread late, are you guys saying that using effects on strobes will/can damage them? YIKES! I've read numerous threads on PC about how you are suposed to use the strobes. They all say shimmer for the best effect. :?

If this is the case I've got to modify all my sequences to remove the shimmer and just use a steady on....Right?

I frown on turning anything with electronic parts on/off fast.

Isn't that the whole point of LOR??? :(:P:P

Back to the more serious question - shimmer is fine for making a strobing-type effect for traditional static lights, but definitely not for strobes - they are already 'shimmering' on their own.

jeffandnicole wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
pokrplr wrote:
wait wait wait...Coming into this thread late, are you guys saying that using effects on strobes will/can damage them? YIKES! I've read numerous threads on PC about how you are suposed to use the strobes. They all say shimmer for the best effect. :?

If this is the case I've got to modify all my sequences to remove the shimmer and just use a steady on....Right?

I frown on turning anything with electronic parts on/off fast.
Isn't that the whole point of LOR??? :(:P:P
[snip]

You got me on that one! :D

Jeff Millard wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Is there a way to remove more than one channel at a time? The only way I see it is to right click on one, and delete. But is I had 10 plus, I could be there all day. Is there a way to select more than one channel and delete it?

Since no one touched on this one I'll take a stab at it. Open the "Channel Property Grid" in the Tools menu. You'll see a little red x to the left of each channel. Click it and you'll be chllenged by a dialog box asking you to confirm. Quick and effective, and even though it's still one at a time it's a lot faster than clicking each channel to delete it.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I saw that on the new software. But was that on the version, just before this new release?

The way to delete more than one channel at a time is to go into the channel property. Then look at the channels that you want deleted, once that is done open up delete controller it will show numbered controllers.Choose the controller that is controlling the channels you don't want and delete it . It will prompt you if that is what you want to do. Say yes and the controller will be deleted.16 channels in one shot deleted.