Light-O-Rama Forums

External Tank for Fogger

Thrillrider7

Can't seem to find this answer anywhere... Does anyone use an external tank for their fog machines? The one I have has a 1.2L tank (removeable) and for the nights I use my fogger, I dont want to have to run and fill it up every half hour. Is there any way to use a larger capacity tank? I was thinking of connecting a larger tank (higher up) to the fogger with a hose, but wanted to see if there were other ways.

What about finding a large tupperware container, going to AutoZone/Pep Boys, someplace like that for a fitting and small fuel line (vacuum line would work too, and plumb it in, should be cheap, easy to do.

it can work. just fyi on some of the really cheap foggers the pump cant handle the pressure if the container is much higher than the pump, most are made to draw the fluid into the pump and not hold the pressure back. but it can work. check out some halloween sites for more info, i am at work and dont have any links.

The haloween forum I'm always on that has the BEST ideas is www. HalloweenForum.com. Go to the Prop section and look thru, if you don't find anyone already trying it, post a question, HF is always manned and you'll prob get an answer back before you can make coffee..

I seem to recall Elation had a external tank for fog machines that simply pumped more fluid into the original tank. Can't seem to find a link to it right now, but it they did exist at one point.

Will Sanders

Thanks for all the suggestions! I hope to try out some different things in the near future, Ill let you know what works best (if any :()