Light-O-Rama Forums

Tapper wizzard use keystrokes

gizmomkr

Not sure if this would really be tapper wizzard or not, but I have liked using the tapper wizzard to record a very rough cut of chanel on / off before I go back to fill in the rest.

The problem is I can only "tap out" one chanel at a time. If there were a way to say assign a key on the keyboard to a chanel or group of chanels, then I could "tap out" multiple tracks at once.

Is there a way to do that ? (or would that be a feature request)

I could tap it out on a midi keyboard, and use the midi import, but then I think I would have to upgrade S2 versions.

Sorry, there's currently no way to do that. I suggest sending an email about this to wishlist@lightorama.com so that they can keep track of the popularity of this request.

Well, thanks for the answer - Its not what I had hoped for, but at least its a solid answer.

I do think it would be a really great easy way for a novice user to get a quick and dirty show.

You assign LOR chanels to keys, and then hit record - each light would turn on or off as you pressed keys, and listened to the song play.

Seasoned pro's could use it to fill in the basic, and build the advanced parts on top.

Well, I guess if others think its worthy, maybe it will find its way into the code some day.

Logan Moore created a cool little sequencing program that is similar to what you are thinking that he sold for about $25 but it never really took off, due to some buggy issues with fades. However it could be used very well for what you are asking. You assigned channels into groups and then ran the song and it would do pop-fades, on/off, and chases based on single keystrokes to the appropriate channel (s). I think it was developed for LOR1, but don't remember if it worked for LOR2. I'm not explaining this very well but you might try looking him up on PC and seeing if he still has the program.