Light-O-Rama Forums

Duration of fades

shfr26

Sorry if this is a stupid question but that is the only kind I know so, Is there anyway to determine the length of a fade without having to figure it out in my head or on paper? Say if I did a "fade up" in a portion of my sequence and now I want to do a "fade down" for the same length of time at the end of it, or would that be a "mirror" effect that I don't think there is a tool for? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Yes, if you select an area, the status bar (at the bottom of the Sequence Editor) will say something like "Selected Duration: 0:01.40". So if you select the entire fade, and nothing else, that will tell you how long it is.

See, Told you it was a dumb question! After you replying I remembered that was there. Soooo, what about a mirror tool, if that is what you call it?

I was counting the cells..
So good question and answer and something that I would like to see in the future!

:)

I think it might be helpful to know just how long the lights will stay on in a fade. Not all lights fade equally.

Lets say my LEDs will fade 16 1/10 cells..........then that is how long I will make the fade.

Why make a fade longer than the Lights will stay on?

I would think that mini lights would fade longer than LEDs.

lightzilla wrote:

I would think that mini lights would fade longer than LEDs.

I would think that might differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, number of lights in the string, voltage, etc...

Too many variables for a software program to figure out probably.

Here is another quick way.

Copy the fade up. Paste it where you want to have the fade down. Press D. It changes to a fade down.

shfr26 wrote:

Something else I did not know, thanks Brian.

Ditto! Some of my sequences are 0.03 and hard to count.:shock::shock:..this will save some time.

Thanks!:]