Light-O-Rama Forums

Having Trouble with it Playing

aaron

Trying to start with this year shows, but having trouble with it. Once I have everything setup and have it all ready to play with audio and hit the play button, Nothing happens. Any ideas?

aaron wrote:

Its v2.0.6

No messages, just wont start

First, version 2.0.6 is quite old. I would recommend upgrading to a newer version. Be sure to verify your license key, first. http://lightorama.com/licenseRetrieval.html

You're not giving us much information on your setup.

Have you tried the Hardware Utility to make sure you have the right COM port?
Are you trying to play a musical sequence? Is the audio still good?
Is this an animation only sequence (no music) that won't play?
It sounds as if you might have the controllers hooked up to the computer, but I'm not 100% sure. Can you clarify?
If you do have controllers hooked up, have you tried without the controllers hooked up? With the sequence play then?

That's the long winded way of asking, "What do you mean nothing happens?"

Dang, had a little bug like that too, just cant remember what it was, simple though it was.

Also I have a question of multi part. Are you trying to play on the seq. ed screen? Or from the anamation screen (the one you draw little things on the screen to represent your display). Or do you have controllers connected with lights?

This also will help us focus on what you are trying to do.

Thanks

Something in the back of my head says that you need to refind your music and assoceiate it with your seq.

Forgive my bad spelling.

I think it's the old software, I remember this happening to a lot of people last year?

Other than that I don't know?

Max-Paul wrote:

Dang, had a little bug like that too, just cant remember what it was, simple though it was.

Might be setting the Device Type?

Simple little thing many have forgotten (I forgot).

The software was showtime suite 2.5.2.

I am going to try to reload it in my computer and try it all over again and see what happens.

Thanks guys, this shows that LOR is number 1!!!!

I reloaded the software in my computer and its doing the same thing, but its only on some songs not all. Some songs work fine and some do not work in musical seq.

Anybody know whats the problem is?

Probably something easy but cant put my finger on it yet!!!!!!

Ok, lets back up some. Back before you reinstalled the software. Did you try all of these songs/sequences?

Need to understand everything you have done. Looking for clues that will help point you to the problem. So, far I feel that you are skipping over some of the information. Sure you are doing that to be brief and so you dont have to type to much. But need the whole story, sorry.

P.S. You have not moved any of the sequences or the music to different directories right?

I got it working again.

In the spring time I clean up my hard drive in my computer, you know rearranging folders and stuff. Well I put all my music in a zip file not thinking about it, and I guess you cant get media file from zip folders so I had to move all my LOR files from a zip folder to a regular one and they all work fine now and I was up to 3:00am this morning working on CAROL OF THE BELLS seq. haha.

Thanks for all the help and I love this forum!!!!:)