Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Speed

Alan Lim

Click on the timing button just above your channel grid.Then select new fixed grid.I use a 0.10 grid most of the time.But i also make grids of 0.05...0.03...0.01.That really speeds it up.Just click the drop down arrow to the right side and select your grid.You can change them up anywhere in the song.You can also expand your grids wider or make them narrower by clicking on the arrow buttons <> just to the left of your play button.Hope this helps you.

wallleyes wrote:

Click on the timing button just above your channel grid.Then select new fixed grid.I use a 0.10 grid most of the time.But i also make grids of 0.05...0.03...0.01.That really speeds it up.Just click the drop down arrow to the right side and select your grid.You can change them up anywhere in the song.You can also expand your grids wider or make them narrower by clicking on the arrow buttons <>  just to the left of your play button.Hope this helps you.

Thanks Walleyes for your advise and reply,
I have tried and follow your solution but it still the same, is only changing the preview speed/time scale. What i am trying to create is on the time line i want to create a difference speed inside my sequence. ( two difference speed inside a project )

Example : the light start with a normal speed till it reach my setting point it speed up,

Alan Lim wrote:

To be more specify, It similar to add a loop effect on the time line, instead of a loop, i prefer able to add control speed anywhere in the project.

If you are wanting the actual song to play at a higher speed during a show, then you would have to use some software program (like Audacity) to physically change the speed BEFORE you import it into LOR.

I am confused as to what you are asking for also. Do you want to speed the actual lighting effects up or speed up the audio track?

Brian Mitchell wrote:

I am confused as to what you are asking for also.   Do you want to speed the actual lighting effects up or speed up the audio track?

Sorry for the confused, actually i wanted to create a animation sequence not musical sequence,

On the middle of the animation sequence i would like to control/set the light speed to slow down or speed up the sequence on that particular portion only.

Ok, I think I understand. If you are looking to double the speed of an existing effect you will first want to copy that area to your clipboard, then create a new timing grid with the timing twice as fast, like .05 instead of .10. Then paste the effect where you want it using paste by CELL not paste by time. That will speed up the effect.

cmoore60 wrote:

You can also do this with loops. You can set a loop to repeat x times and you can speed up and slow down a % with each pass of the loop.

Chuck

Loops is one of the LOR useful light animation sequence, ( Loop back X and Loop speed 0% ),

hoping LOR new software update able to add something similar to Loop to control speed only with out Loop back.