Light-O-Rama Forums

experience with Action lighting C7 Strobes

bwaldrep

http://www.actionlighting.com/item-detail.asp?ID=1279&MainCategory=Incandescent%20Bulbs%20&%20Strobes&Sub=Strobes%20&%20Beacons

Does anyone have any experience with these strobes?

I'm planing to build a 20' mega tree this year, and like many of you I want to add some strobes. I had an idea of using the "giant Christmas bulbs" (see attached photo) as tree decorations, and thought it would be nice to make them strobes. They use C7 bulbs, verse the C9's that most use for strobes.

So I just wanted to see if anyone has used these strobes, to see if they are worth buying.

Brent

Attached files 206500=11477-outdoor-christmas-lights-bulb-decorations.jpg

I give the Action Lighting C7 strobes a thumbs-up, I have a dozen of those that are used in the star of my mega tree. They have been through 3 seasons and only one has failed. They are sealed better and don't have the condensation build-up problem that the CLS strobes have. Last season, I added 100 of the CLS strobes through out the display and after testing some for a week, I decided to drill the weep holes in them to allow the moisture to escape. The Action Lighting strobes never had condensation build-up problems, out in the same weather conditions.The Action Lighting strobes have a smaller tapered base that I like, also they do have a slower flash rate, 1 to 2 per second, versus the CLS strobes are 3 to 4 per second.

Attached files 206508=11479-DSC04040.JPG