Light-O-Rama Forums

Creative Displays Shipping calculator

JoelSturman

I am trying to prepare my first big order with them. Today is the last day of their sale, but I am afraid they are not in the office to answer my question. This is probably not the best place to ask, but I have no other resource.

There is a big difference in the estimated shipping between the any 70 light set and the 50 or 100 light sets. The 70 light sets are around $12.00 for me, and the others around $24.00. Unless there is some big difference in wire gauge (hence weight), I cannot figure why this would be. I am hoping that it is an error in the shipping calculator. I cannot reach Paul for an answer. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

I can tell you the calculator is way off, and you can expect to pay normal ups ground rate. I don't think there is much, if any handling packing fee's.
As far as the lights, I would think 100's would be double than 50's?
but I cant explain why the 70's would be less than the 100's?

I hope you are implying it is off in the direction that is good for me financially ;). Thanks for that help. I wish i knew what the weight and box size was so i could calculate my own shipping. I tried going all the way through the checkout process and got the same price

The other problem that may happen is i need to notify my cc company of the dollar amount or it gets denied - a nice feature that made me lose out on the spring LOR sale :?

I ordered 1 more box (12) of C6 50's. Online shipping was $22. When I called the order in instead and she rang my total up, it was $8 for freight ;) Mighty big difference. Also when I received the 1st bulk order shipping for some 12,000 lights only came to around $135

I used this problem as an exc... Ahem. I needed to save money by...

I ended up ordering the 70 count lights. How can I go wrong with more lights? Oh yeah, less money! Oh, and also that look on my wife's face when she found out about it :shock:...:X'

Thank you for the help!

I too noticed the high online shipping rates recently, and I just assumed that I would be charged the stated amount. It was something like $53 shipping on $200 worth of lights.

I ended up not making the purchase because of the shipping rates. I really don't want to have to call in every time I'm contemplating a purchase to check and see what the actual shipping is, so if the website shipping calculator is way off then that is a problem for me...Hopefully it won't be a difficult problem to fix up, as other vendors seem to be okay with their shipping rates / estimates...

I left a note on my order and they called yesterday. They will look into the shipping calculator. My estimated shipping was around $65 from the shipping calculator. It ended up being $51. I was impressed by their response, they seem good to work with. My problem really stemmed from needing to place an order at a time when they were closed. Then again, I come from a long line of professional procastinators!

I had to have mine shipped by truck. Depending on the size or your order you might want to look at that option. A 385 lb order cost me about $110 from the KC area to here in Aplleton, Wi.

Lenny

Randy wrote:

I too noticed the high online shipping rates recently, and I just assumed that I would be charged the stated amount. It was something like $53 shipping on $200 worth of lights.

I ended up not making the purchase because of the shipping rates. I really don't want to have to call in every time I'm contemplating a purchase to check and see what the actual shipping is, so if the website shipping calculator is way off then that is a problem for me...Hopefully it won't be a difficult problem to fix up, as other vendors seem to be okay with their shipping rates / estimates...

What happens is our shopping cart gets "fooled". This really gets wackey on little orders. Let say you order 10 bags of female plugs and 5 bags of male plugs. The shopping cart thinks there are 15 boxes. the quote is way high. There is no way of fixing this. We would put this order into one box instead of the 15 boxes the shopping cart figures. Also, the shopping cart does not charge your credit card. That is done manually by us, so the actual shipping charges are charged not what the cart says.