Light-O-Rama Forums

Question: About Tapping an Existing File

Leroy Thompson

QUESTION: Can you use an existing file that is partially done and do a 'tap' on it without messing it up? If so, how is this done? I have worked a file for a while now and think I could make adjustments if the rest of it was tapped out...it that is do-able.

thompsol wrote:

QUESTION: Can you use an existing file that is partially done and do a 'tap' on it without messing it up? If so, how is this done? I have worked a file for a while now and think I could make adjustments if the rest of it was tapped out...it that is do-able.

I sent you a PM on how to do this.

Make sure you have a "New Channel" on top, if you do not want to screw up the "Beat wizard timings".

Go under Tools push "Tapper Wizard"...........the Tapper Wizard screen will appear.

Under "Play Options" click "Play Just Part Of The Song"

Now beside that is a clock that says..." From: 0.00 To: 4.29 for example"

In that 0.00 spot type in your starting point.......say 41.00 second mark as an example"

Start tapping

You can use the same tapping channel but just be careful you do not accidentally erase the whole channel. That is why I would play it safe and add a new channel at the top. You could always copy & paste what you did in the existing Tapper channel later.

Yes, open tools, tapper wizard, play only part of song, adjust time of start and end and tap away. If you do not like it use the undo or back button, Top row green arrow and it will undo any change you made.

lightzilla, you beat me to it. But still remember the undo thing.

shfr26 wrote:

Yes, open tools, tapper wizard, play only part of song, adjust time of start and end and tap away. If you do not like it use the undo or back button, Top row green arrow and it will undo any change you made.

lightzilla, you beat me to it. But still remember the undo thing.

I was just going to thank you for backing me up.

I am glad you added the undo tool.