Light-O-Rama Forums

FM transmitter

aaron

aaron wrote:

what is the best FM transmitter on the market?

Never have heard of or experienced any complaints with the LCD models at http://edmdesign.com/orders.html. It seems most agree that this provides the best audio quality -- but some just don't want to spend that much which I can respect (worth every dime in my book though).

I'm totally satisfied with my EDM, didn't mind spending the extra $$ to get it, the sound quality is outstanding. Imho

I would have bought an EDM, but funds were a wee bit short. So, I bought the MBB 4000 which is a wee bit hot (to much power), so I installed an attenuator inline with the antenna to bring the power level back down to a point that I am ok with the FCC.

im still testing the whole house transmiitter version 2 and am happy with the audio quality and signal distance

FYI Just got off phone with Whole House Transmitter people (I have Gold & 2.0) and found a little PLUS hidden in the V2. In the battery compartment, under the "passed" sticker, is a small switch. Push towards the Volume control, and it increases power just a bit. Took a few seconds to scratch off the sticker, but now better then before with out using the included "Int'l Ant Kit". :D Also If you do add the "Int'l Ant Kit" the total length is from the transmitter.

Tom Straub

Does anyone know when the new v2 of the whole house transmitter is going on sale at lor? I know early in the sale it said they did not have the new one to offer a sale price on, but it would go on sale once they got stock in. Did I miss out on it?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried that (the hidden switch) and I am happy with the results. I will probably try the extension wire too. Within a block of the front of my house the signal is fine and the audio quality also is quite good.