Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobe question

LORisAwesome

I just got my strobes from the CDI summer sale. I seem to remember reading something somewhere about drilling a hole in the housing to let condensation out.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Thanks

Jerry

Guest wbottomley

LORisAwesome wrote:

I just got my strobes from the CDI summer sale.  I seem to remember reading something somewhere about drilling a hole in the housing to let condensation out.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Thanks

Jerry

No need to drill CDI strobes. CLS strobes are the ones that need it.

More: http://www.christmascarolina.com/forums/showthread.php/1001-Strobes-CDI-vs-CLS

The big thing with the led cdi strobes is when you power them up they all flash together. You need to put 20% power for .65 then 100% to get them somewhat random. I did this last year and they worked really good. No failures at all. If I do get regular strobes I will put them on another circuit.

friskybri wrote:

The big thing with the led cdi strobes is when you power them up they all flash together. You need to put 20% power for .65 then 100% to get them somewhat random. I did this last year and they worked really good. No failures at all. If I do get regular strobes I will put them on another circuit.

This is also true with the CDI xenon strobes. (Note, In my case, I use a different % and time for the precharge then what was mentioned above, I suggest you experiment as your results may vary)

Mine are not LED, so I guess they are xenon (not sure).

I put three into a C9 string and plugged it in. They seemed to flash at different times.