Light-O-Rama Forums

Suggestion for Simple Show Builder

Guest guest

Well I have a suggestion for improving the Simple Show Builder and that is to "have the ability to CHANGE DIRECTORIES from WITHIN the program. I have many different directories where I keep my sequences, I.e. Halloween - Completed, Halloween-WIP (WIP = Work in Progress), Christmas - Completed and Christmas - WIP as well as many others for assorted venues.

Now I can change to any of my directories from the LOR Hardware software to add my sequences to an SD card, but not to run them from the PC,nor can I use the "Simple Show Builder" because of the lacking ability to change to a different directory. I am very surprised that this has not been brought up before (I did a search and couldn't find anything on this particular aspect of the Simple Show Builder.)

Even if I wanted to use the SSB to put my sequences on an SD Card, without the ability to change directories, I have to move all my sequences to the director that is apparently hard coded into the SSB software.

If there is a way to change directories from within this software, I've yet to find it.

So I'm hoping that LOR will take kindly to adding this to the Simple Show Builder in the near future. I just prefer to use the Simple Show Builder when making my test runs (or an actual showtime display), but I didn't know it won't allow you to search out or change directories to where your sequences are kept.

I keep mine in different folders to maintain a better semblance of order and knowing exactly where they are and would prefer NOT to have to move them around just to create a show sequence.

Well thanks for listening/reading.