Light-O-Rama Forums

Missing media file

shfr26

Yesterday I was working on two different sequences during the day, and would make sure I hit save after I did some of the work. I did this for a couple of hours or so , take a break and come back and start working on them again. Saving changes as I went. Today I went to start working on them and both of them were "missing media file". Everything else was O.K. but the music was gone. Any thoughts or ideas why this happened? Version 2.7.6 , windows XP.

Only worked on those two, no computer updates installed, no work done, and no power outages or anything like that, if it helps.

I'm of no help, Just here to say that that happens to me all the time too!

]When you saved? could you have save or moved the media files or link it to a different place?

Did you read the save info when the pop up came up. of did you just hit save and not save as?

but it’s good to hear that you found them. I would now save them and make sure they’re going to the right place.

Well today I opened another sequence that I had not worked on for a while and guess what ??? Media file missing again. I had this one in my show last year. I can get the file back but what a pain in the tokus!!!

I only hit save. not save as. Most of the times I just hit the save button.

Do you have some kind of automatic backup on your system that may access and resave files? I'm just grasping for straws here but it seems that there may be some kind of outside influence going on.

No sir, not that I know of. This is not the first time it has happened, it did it a couple of times last year also. Maybe uninstall LOR and reinstall it.

If you want to see where LOR thinks the media file is..

1) Make a COPY of your sequence using Windows. (Right-Click copy/paste)
2) Open the COPY in a text editor. Notepad will work.
3) Look at the top row(s) and see what the media file is defined as. (It will be right near the top.)

That will tell you where the media file was when you saved the file (or where LOR thought the file was when you saved it.) This might help you troubleshoot why LOR can't find the audio.

I will try that a little later, have something to do right now. Thanks alot.

I just did as you asked and it is in LOR sequences, I think that is where it is suppose to be.

Guest Don Gillespie

Pete correct me if I am wrong but are you not suposed to save your music in LOR audio maybe I am not understanding you correctly is it the music to the sequence you keep losing??

That is correct. If you allowed the software to set up with it's defaults you have the Light-o-rama folder and under that you have sequences and audio.

Like this Light-o-ramasequences and Light-o-ramaaudio

Chuck

I stated that wrong. My sequences are in lor/sequences and my music is in audio, sorry for the confusion. And yes, the only thing that is missing is the media file. If I did a bunch of changes in the sequence, it is all still there, just no music and have to go to "Edit, media file, audio, and pick the song again.