Light-O-Rama Forums

Copying channels to new track......

chowell

I want to add a new track that will consist of 36 channels. Is there a faster way to copy them all to the new track rather than do them each one at a time?

Thanks in advance.
Corey

Corey, you can gang-add channels, but then you have to tell LOR what to do with each one. There isnt any way to just blanket-copy the new channels, because LOR doesn't know how or make assumptions how to auto-number the next controller or new channels.

If you mean copy the contents of a track from one to another, you have to do that manually.

Hope that helped..

TJ

chowell wrote:

I want to add a new track that will consist of 36 channels. Is there a faster way to copy them all to the new track rather than do them each one at a time?

If you are wanting to add a new track, right mouse button over the top of one of your tracks (or just the one if that is all you have) and then click on Duplicate Track.

Depending on how many channels you have in that track will determine how many channels you will have in the new track, but at least they will all be set to LOR for the device type.

To just add a new track (but you will have to individually set all the settings for each channel) right mouse button and click on either Insert Track Above (or Below), then you will have the option to add as many channels as you want.

Jim, where are you seeing Dup if you right-click on a current channel? I see Dup only under the Edit button..

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Jim, where are you seeing Dup if you right-click on a current channel?

Just click on the track button as in the pic. :P

chowell depending how many channels you have. It maybe easier to duplicate your track and delete the channels you do not want there.

Attached files 205916=11447-Dupe Capture.JPG

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Jim, where are you seeing Dup if you right-click on a current channel? I see Dup only under the Edit button..

Not Channel...click on the TRACK NAME (or anywhere on the GREEN BAR that the track name is on)..

Thanks a bunch but I'm not sure any of that helps in this situation. I am wanting to copy the 36 channels from my main track into their own separate track and still keep the same unit and circuit assignments. It would sure be a nice feature to be able to copy all 36 in one shot rather than right clicking on each one and copying to track number.... However I am not complaining. We are still working on an amazing piece of software!

Corey

chowell wrote:

Thanks a bunch but I'm not sure any of that helps in this situation. I am wanting to copy the 36 channels from my main track into their own separate track and still keep the same unit and circuit assignments. It would sure be a nice feature to be able to copy all 36 in one shot rather than right clicking on each one and copying to track number.... However I am not complaining. We are still working on an amazing piece of software!

Corey
Corey,

It sounds like what you want to do is described in detail by jimswinder's post above. Click on the "Track" button. On the dropdown menu click "Duplicate Track". In the pop up dialog box, name it, select what timing grid you want, click "OK" and you now have a new track that will have all your channels copied with unit and circuit assignments already made. It adds a new scrollbar to the right so you can instantly go between the tracks.

If you don't select a fixed grid, you will be able to insert, subdivide or remove timings. The new timings will be added to and shown in your main track. Unfortunately, if you have more than 36 channels, eg., 128 channels, all 128 will be copied but you can delete those you don't want. I think this is easier than assigning info to the new track.

Good luck.

Richard