Light-O-Rama Forums

The Cheapest Lights?

Robert G.

Ok, as many of you know, on Ebay people sell packs of 100 lights for 1 cent but then the shipping is $7....Why can't the shipping be like $2? Anyway, where is the best place for cheap lights, I mean like really cheap. Craigslist is pretty good but doesn't have a large enough selection. I would really like to buy a big bulk of lights but for a cheap price. Any suggestions?

-Thanks.

Most of the vendors that frequent these forums have already had their pre-season sales for the year. Creative Displays is currently running a sale, so you might want to check into them.

Usually, the best time to buy lights in bulk is right after the Christmas holiday. Most stores will mark prices down (a lot) to clear out inventory.

I'm not saying there aren't any deals out there ... but there are going to be fewer of them.

Robert G. wrote:

Ok, as many of you know, on Ebay people sell packs of 100 lights for 1 cent but then the shipping is $7....Why can't the shipping be like $2?

**Cheapest Priority Mail is $4.95..then they add a couple of bucks for packaging, time to take it to the post office, etc.**

Anyway, where is the best place for cheap lights, I mean like really cheap.

**Remember, you get what you pay for. Getting "really cheap lights" you may find they don't even last one season.**

Craigslist is pretty good but doesn't have a large enough selection. I would really like to buy a big bulk of lights but for a cheap price. Any suggestions?

**Usually after Christmas sales..which does you no good for this year I know**

Like most on this forum, I have been reasonably successful with after Christmas sales.

Check out your local Target, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Costco, Lowes, Home Depot, and other similar stores for great after Christmas sales.

I make a pest of my self going, almost every day, to several of the local supermarkets (who sell lights), to see if they have marked down the lights. I have even asked the manager to mark em down to 75% off and I would take all he had, That's worked several times. I have gotten a lot of LED's at the supermarkets.

I pick up a huge amount of Christmas items at local garage sales, such as : lights, ext cords, lighted candy canes, lighted wire figures, plastic blow molds, etc.
I recently picked up a Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Snoopy blow mold for $5.00 each.
They go for over $100.00 each on ebay, and the Snoopy for over $300.00.

I have also purchased some LED lights from vendors on ebay, who are in China. I have been very pleased with final cost, (cost of item and shipping), shipping time and quality of lights.

I'm with Jim - in MOST cases the real cost of cheap lights is about two or three times what you pay for them by the time you figure in life expectancy. (And that doesn't include the aggravation of mid-season failures.) Buy your lights from vendors/stores you trust. I hear you about wanting to save as much as possible, but this just isn't a good time of year to do much of that.