Light-O-Rama Forums

Tapper Wizard and 1/2 Speed

jimswinder

I went to use the Tapper Wizard tonight, and wanted to use it at 1/2 Speed...but it played at Normal Speed.

Tried the 2X Speed and it also played at normal speed.

!/2 Speed works when I am just playing the song back.

Media File is a WAV file.

What am I doing wrong?

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Try this link. I think you need a fixed bitrate audio format to use anything other than full speed.
Even when it works if the audio is variable the sequence can get out of sync.
http://lightorama.com/Documents/Audacity_Lame_128Kbps.pdf

Thanks Bob...that worked.

Guess I will need to convert all my songs using Audacity instead of my WMA Converter, though I still need to use it to convert the iTunes file to an MP3....

wish Audacity could read Apple files..

jimswinder wrote:

Guess I will need to convert all my songs using Audacity instead of my WMA Converter, though I still need to use it to convert the iTunes file to an MP3....

wish Audacity could read Apple files..

You can tell iTunes to export your song as a MP3. As well I'm almost sure you can download it from the store as a MP3.

Just can't remember how! :shock:

Darryl Lambert wrote:

You can tell iTunes to export your song as a MP3. As well I'm almost sure you can download it from the store as a MP3.

Just can't remember how! :shock:

I just checked my iTunes Preferences and the Store...didn't see anywhere where you could do that...so if you remember how to do it, please share!!! :P

Do you do it after you buy it and before you download it?

Hi Jim,
I have a Mac, What I do is set the import settings in itunes to "Import in mp3"
then take all the song I want to convert and burn them onto a disk. then I put the disk back in and import it to I-tunes. the imported songs will be mp3, and It seems to remove any copyright protection from the song.

Hope this helps.
Ron

Guest Don Gillespie

Jim wrote (I just checked my iTunes Preferences and the Store...didn't see anywhere where you could do that...so if you remember how to do it, please share!!! :P

Do you do it after you buy it and before you download it?)

what you do is when you purchase the song from I-tunes after it is burned and in your library then highlite the song and at the top of the page go to advanced
in that drop down window you will see an area that says convert to mp3 hope this helps just click on that and voila a mp3 version is created make sure you delete your other version as it can get quite conjested in your library after I convert I only keep the mp3 versions and get rid of the original that way LOR never has any problems when I transfer music for my sequences, I really should be doing more sequncing but the weather is just to nice to sit inside my golf game is really coming along though :D

Don Gillespie wrote:

what you do is when you purchase the song from I-tunes after it is burned and in your library then highlite the song and at the top of the page go to advanced
in that drop down window you will see an area that says convert to mp3

I really should be doing more sequncing but the weather is just to nice to sit inside my golf game is really coming along though :P

Thanks!! When you use that does it convert to a constant bit rate MP3?

Don't think I will convert since I have over 18,000 songs...but I think most are MP3 already since they came off of CD's.

I need to be sequencing too...but today was out in 80 degree weather welding stuff for Christmas Weber and Mini Trees for 6 hours!!

Tell me again, why aren't I at the beach enjoying the sunshine? Because in no time it will be down in the 30's!! :shock: