Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 Software Costs

Don In Kenner-LA

Hi all:

You Know after buying the hardware I think The software should be included or at least lower in cost I was a newbie and didnt know much about I was doing and now seeing the cost of just upgrading is unbeliveable I would love to use S2 but with the cost iam seriously looking at light show pro that does everything that your advance does and more. you also should look at if everyone has the advance software they would buy more products from you I would have bought a CCR but with the software I have it will only control two controls. Just my two cents.

Don In Kenner:(

When you purchase the Starter Kit you can purchase the software at a reduced cost.

Users who bought the LOR 1 software are (were?) eligable for a free upgrade to the S2 software. (and if I remember, it was the advanced version.)

When it comes to upgrades, the cost to go from a Basic LOR2 license to an Advanced LOR license it $90. (which is half the cost of a PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE) The cost of a CCR is $250, again more than double the cost of a software upgrade.

If you are still running LOR1, email support@lightorama.com and see what the status of your account is. You may still be eligible for the free upgrade. (Might not, I simply don't know.)

Software development is expensive, and with a niche product like LOR, I think it sells for a good value.

Of course I'm biased, I'm a software engineer :D

Iam not running down lor its just if you buy thier hardware then the software should be advance Iam not saying it should be free but when you factor I bought two of the commercial grade controllers the price should be lower than 139.00 I would have purchased a CCR but the basic software will not support it.. and I cant afford to upgrade and buy the ccr also so iam stuck in a hard place. see my point.. I love light o rama .

Don In Kenner

Never forget .. some of the biggest displays out there started very small. There are things I want to do as well, but finances always seem to be directed elsewhere.

If the software were included with the hardware, the hardware would need to be priced higher. There's no such thing as a free lunch, unfortunately.

And developers like to pay their mortgages too!