Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Viz Video

LarryDrumAZ

Hey all. Anyone have any good ideas for recording a video of what is show in the visualizer? I have tried HLD and it is a HUGE memory hog and not suited for my setup. I have tried recording a video of the Visualizer Window with "Replay Video Capture," but the end result is a choppy video that looks like crap. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Larry and Glenora

Welcome LarryandGlenora. There are many screen capture programs available to accomplish this task. Several are free. Sorry I don't have a recommendation other than to google and try a few. I am sure someone will have a specific recommendation.

It is hard to capture all the fine detail of your display using a screen capture software.

Camtesia is the closest but will not capture the .05 timings very well.

A video camera is the best IMHO.

Greetings! I pretty much did what you're asking about by setting my video camera up on a tripod in front of my computer screen and recording the visualizer of a sequence being played. You can see the results here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo0Tr9UOXSs

Good luck and welcome!

If you're referring to the animation screen, I was able to video capture with audio the animation for one of my sequences. Here's a Youtube link showing the results.

If you are talking about the programming screen, I was never able to get a good rendition of that.

I used a free program called CamStudio 2 found at the following link.
http://camstudio.org/

They also have a paid version (Camtasia) but the free one is real easy to operate. Good luck.!

BTW George, really nice display.

Richard

I just uploaded my 2010 version of the the Coke Commercial showing the capture of the Animation Screen and the Programming Screen. The only problem I see is that I was only able to capture 45 channels of the programming screen even in a scrunched mode. The horizontal scrolling worked really well. You might see more if viewed in Full Screen Mode.

I'm real happy with the animation of the 20' megatree and two 10' spiral trees.

Richard

Not sure if this is helpful or not, and I have never used this software (though have had good success with free software downloads from the GOTD website). This offer is only good for 6/29/10 (pacific time). Might be useful for the above need, and/or creating sequencing tutorials.

Wondershare DemoCreator 3 Free Download Today Only @ Giveaway of the Day

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

(more info about the software from here: http://www.sameshow.com/demo-creator.html)

Wondershare DemoCreator is a powerful yet simple screen recorder for Windows which allows you to capture desktop activities and create a voice-over presentation with compelling Flash animation effect without any programming skills.

Well, I tried both Camstudio and Demo creator and I cant get either one to work properly on my Windows 7 machine.

Camstudio cant find the soundcard properly and wont record sound

Demo creator seems to only take a snapshot and wont record any onscreen action.

I tried them both in compatability mode too.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

Well, I tried both Camstudio and Demo creator and I cant get either one to work properly on my Windows 7 machine.

Camstudio cant find the soundcard properly and wont record sound

Demo creator seems to only take a snapshot and wont record any onscreen action.

I tried them both in compatability mode too.
Don't know about compatibility between Windows 7 and Cam Studio. I had problems with sound initially, but I then set the record sound option as Record from Microphone (?) but don't know why that worked.

I tried Demo Creator also, and I got it to record all movement by clicking Full Motion. However, the resulting video periodically dropped a number of frames throughout the video although the audio recorded fine. I'm going to stick to Cam Studio.

Richard