Light-O-Rama Forums

2.7.6 Upgrade

Marty Belisle

I am having difficulty upgrading to the 2.7.6. I downloaded the file to my desktop, opened it and it ran through the install and said it was finished. When I go to open the control panel it goes through the config and says the network resource is unavailble, gives me an Error 1706 no valid source could be found than it gives me a fatal error (don't really like the sound of that). I'm running Windows XP and I believe my previous version is 2.3.6. Do I need to uninstall my previous version before running the upgrade? :(

Thanks J, your advice led me to success. Totally removed my LOR and reinstalled the upgrade, works great. ;)

I performed the upgrade to 2.7.6 with no problems and have been running the software with no issues - until tonight. I receive the following error when trying to open Sequence Editor - "Error Loading Main Form" "Active X component can't create object"

Hoping that I do not have to perform a complete wipe / re-install since I am currently on a ship over 100 miles off the coast of Rio de Janeiro without my original CD. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

gfvillano wrote:

I performed the upgrade to 2.7.6 with no problems and have been running the software with no issues - until tonight. I receive the following error when trying to open Sequence Editor - "Error Loading Main Form" "Active X component can't create object"

Hoping that I do not have to perform a complete wipe / re-install since I am currently on a ship over 100 miles off the coast of Rio de Janeiro without my original CD. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Last night I had a strange error message that I never saw before too, but I restarted the computer and it fix it for now anyways.

Sorry but I do not remember the message.

I do how ever have a problem with the grid acting up. 1 sequence I can use the "Space bar" and other keys, but on the next new sequence the timing is off.

Oh well, it could be a computer problem.

Rebooting sounds like the right thing to do.

If you would have to reinstall, you don't need the original CD. But you will need your license key from the email You can use the installation file that you downloaded when you installed 2.7.6 if you have it, or download it again (if you have the bandwidth).

Both can be obtained using this page:
http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html

Hello Marty Belisle.

Where in Northern Alberta do you live. Alberta is big...........takes like 24 hours to travel from one end to the other. 2000kms

You can put Montana, Wyoming, & Idaho in Alberta

If you are in the Edmonton area we should meet for a coffee or pop.

Buy another 16 channels during this sale............64 will give you what you need for this year.

I can help if you with sequencing or set up if you are close to Edmonton.

Hello Lightzilla, fellow light guy who understands working in minus 30c can be an extreme challenge. Actually do have 64 channels and been doing animations for a number of years too. This will be my first CCR. I live in Cold Lake and have been through Thorsby a number of times. Next time I'm going through I will flip you a note and we can visit. Please do the same if your ever up North.:D

Marty Belisle wrote:

Hello Lightzilla, fellow light guy who understands working in minus 30c can be an extreme challenge. Actually do have 64 channels and been doing animations for a number of years too. This will be my first CCR. I live in Cold Lake and have been through Thorsby a number of times. Next time I'm going through I will flip you a note and we can visit. Please do the same if your ever up North.:D

So you have been using Lor for 4 years? Or how long?

I used AL controllers first before I made the "right choice" and moved over to Lor. A lot happier now though.

There is a fellow in Drayton, Valley that has been doing this with Lor since 2005.

I thought you were a newbie boy was I wrong, oh well, maybe I should ask you for help.

Are you a military fellow?

LOR became part of my display 5 years ago. Military brought me to Cold Lake in 1990, retired now and working in the oil patch. Great thing about building displays is there is always lots to learn and try. My email is mbelisle@telus.net just so we don't bog up the forum chatting.

JBullard wrote:

Try the steps in this Troubleshooting FAQ and see if it helps.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum90/19876.html

I am having the same problem as the original post, trying to update to 2.7.6 from 2.3.6. with the same error.

When I went to this link and to try the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, it has this message:

"This article was previously published under Q290301

Notice

loadTOCNode(1, 'notice');
This article previously contained a link to the Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe). If you were directed to this article to solve a problem installing a product other than Microsoft Office, please contact your software manufacturer for installation support on the product.

While the Windows Installer Cleanup utility resolved some installation problems, it sometimes damaged other components installed on the computer. Because of this, the tool has been removed from the Microsoft Download Center. The Fix it Solutions in this article provide the ability to fully remove Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 suites without damaging other Windows components."

Can someone tell me what to do next?

You can find the install cleanup tool on the web, PM me if you have no luck and will send a copy of the install package. Also, if you haven't already, go to the downloads page and grab a copy of the registry cleaner for your version. Make sure all remnants of your old version are gone.

On the topic of install problems, I had no problems with the first machine I installed on, the second, I ran into the dreaded issue where the installer keeps running and running. The WICU would come up with an error, and was no help. Long story short, after all kinds of testing and suggestions from Bob, and a windows reinstall, I was stuck.

As a last resort, I removed a bunch of FTDI drivers I had on the computer for various PIC/robotics/programmer tools..and that did it. I'm assuming there was something from a comm/serial port standpoint that was conflicting with LOR.