Light-O-Rama Forums

New F.M. Sign

Donny M. Carter

Just wanted to share my new f.m. sign with everyone. Soon I will be building the rest of the sign and will post pics. I think it is awesome, what do you think?

Attached files 204695=11393-IMG_0484.JPG

It was designed by my wife, then taken to a sign shop and printed on vinyl. I will attach it to Lexan and backlight it.

Wow, that sign looks great.

Any chance I could get you to make one for me for my station?
Honestly, I would pay you.

Dan C wrote:

Wow, that sign looks great.

Any chance I could get you to make one for me for my station?
Honestly, I would pay you.

I want one too...and am willing to pay!!

How about sending the sign as a PDF and we can go to our local sign shop?

I will talk to my wife and see what she thinks. She is a retired Graphic Artist and I seem to be her #1 client. It was created it PhotoShop. I found the background at a free site online and then she did her magic. The sign is 24"x 36" and will be backlit. It was printed on clear vinyl at my local sign shop. I had two signs printed because I wanted one for each direction of traffic flow. I will post soon her response to the idea of doing more.

Donny M. Carter wrote:

It was created it PhotoShop

I have PhotoShop, so would be willing to pay for the file...especially if it is in layers that I could modify.

jimswinder wrote:

Donny M. Carter wrote:
It was created it PhotoShop

I have PhotoShop, so would be willing to pay for the file...especially if it is in layers that I could modify.

Ditto.

jimswinder wrote:

Sorry Donny...stole you and your wifes' great idea...

Care to share the .psd file?

jimswinder wrote:

Sorry Donny...stole you and your wifes' great idea...

That looks great!!

I will be happy to share the .psd file with anyone that has PhotoShop. All I ask is that you consider a Donation of ANY AMOUNT to www.smiletrain.org/goto/cartercares
Just pm your email and I will send asap.

Donny M. Carter wrote:

It was designed by my wife, then taken to a sign shop and printed on vinyl. I will attach it to Lexan and backlight it.

Staples sells lightbox film material for $10 a sq foot. Plus that inclues them printing it on the film. Its alot, but it works for what your doing! I'll show you mine pictures w=once I get it done!

Nice signs! I have some Photoshop skills and need to create a sign. Where do you find nice backgrounds for sign making? When I search it seems all I find is junky stuff. Any sources, ideas?

Thanks!

Look for wallpapers. We just searched images from Goggle and found plenty. Make sure the resolution is high, that way when you blow it up it still looks clean.