Light-O-Rama Forums

Pausing sequence in Sequence Editor

jevely

I have an application where I would like to control my lights in the Sequence Editor. Is it possible to pause a sequence and the lights will remaining in the existing state e.g. on, off, dimmed, etc? Right now when I pause a sequence all lights default to off...Can this be changed with a setting somewhere?

Also, can the same be setup for the end of the sequence?

Thanks,
Jim Evely

jevely wrote:

I have an application where I would like to control my lights in the Sequence Editor. Is it possible to pause a sequence and the lights will remaining in the existing state e.g. on, off, dimmed, etc? Right now when I pause a sequence all lights default to off...Can this be changed with a setting somewhere?

Also, can the same be setup for the end of the sequence?

Thanks,
Jim Evely

At this time it cannot be done. There is no setting.

During a show, the lights can be set to stay in the current state at the end of a sequence during a show.

Dan

Just 2 weeks ago I was looking for the same feature. I was doing some lighting for a performance I was helping with at a summer camp. They had some choreography to music, then some live interaction with audience, then more dancing/performing, etc. The duration of the audience interaction was not defined so I wanted certain lights to remain on (rather than total darkness). I ended up adding several minutes of "on" time at the end of each song and simply stopped the sequence in the editor and quickly started the next sequence when the time was right (if I was fast the darkness didn't last for too long). I thought about creating an interactive trigger and using it instead (I think one of the features of the triggers can be set to stop whatever is playing and start the next sequence). However, I didn't have time to figure it out since I haven't even wired a trigger, yet. I suspect then I would be in the "run a show" situation rather than a "run sequences in the editor" situation.

So, my question now is, would that have worked with maybe no, or a least minimal dark time between sequences? It certainly would have been less stressful to simply push a button rather than press the space bar to stop a sequence and mouse over to select the next sequence and then press the space bar to start (and hope I left the pointer at the start of that sequence) ;)

My situation is very similar, I'm using my lights for a local theatrical production. I'm running a number of short special effect sequences but also want to manually control the lights to fade up and down on actors. What I was hoping to do was create a short sequence to fade the lights up and another to fade the lights down. Switching between sequences creates that momentary 'black out' which I don't like.

If the Test Console in the hardware application could run at the same time as the Sequence Editor that would work for my application also. I tried that but it seems that you can't control lights in the editor when the console is running.

Running the show on demand doesn't seem to be precise enough with the time delay on start. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to run one single show and then stop without manually clicking the stop show button.

Jim