Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR with 30amps capacity, How many lights can handle it?

jonjon_dm

hi guys, I want to ask for LOR with 30amps capacity how many lights/string lights can handle it? And LOR unit can handle flood light and spotlight? please I need your expert advise. Thank you in advance.

jonjon

Alot depends on what type of lights you have. Some are .4 amps,some are .8 and then LED use less. It is 15 amps per side, max of 8 amps on 1 channel. Last year I had 32 channels with about 9,000 lights and was using a total of about 23 amps. Which left me with about 37 amps to spare.

Jon,

I would also take a moment to review the LOR Faq, especially this topic which talks about lights. You can also download and read the manual for the LOR1602W here.

These are great places to learn about the electrical abilities of these controllers.

Ok sir thank you for the information, so it means I can use spotlight just I will check the amp and the total amp for one LOR unit. I hope if you have more idea or information please let me know because I dont want to damage my LOR unit. again thank you very much to all.

Have a nice day.

jonjon

I don't have any additional information, but wanted to make sure you've read the manual. There are a few other electrical considerations that need to be taken into effect. Overloading a controller is on the list of common mistakes.

Doing so can lead to a blow fuse, all the way to a dead controller. It's nothing difficult, just something to be aware of.

• 5 months later...

I thought I remember reading a thread that said you could switch out the 15amp fuses for 20 amp??? Maybe it was just wishful thinking.

Does anyone recall this?

I am using the LOR1602W controllers with each power cord hooked up to a dedicated 20 amp service.

Thank you.

Lee