Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Windows 7

LORisAwesome

Hi

Thinking about getting a new computer with Windows 7. Does anyone know if the LOR software will work with Windows 7?

Thanks

Jerry

If memory serves correct, LOR has not 'officially' said that LOR works with Windows 7. That being the case, there are several people who ran it on W7 last year without any problem.

(And just for the interesting factor, I had the Beta W7 on a virtual machine a while back. Managed to run it through there even.)

Running LOR 2.x Advanced on Win 7 with nary a problem :D

As always, make sure you have plenty of RAM and a fast processor :) And, of course, plenty of hard drive space for all those sequences and music :)

-Gary-

I just got a new computer - HP dual core with 4 G RAM and Windows 7 - and it runs LOR just fine. Actually, it runs better than just fine - it's faster than I've ever seen the LOR software respond - a real screamin' machine... Definitely gonna save a whole potfull of time not having to wait anymore for everything to load and respond.

I have been running LOR on Windows 7 for months and no problems. Have not done a show with it yet but play with it for hours a week and never had a problem

Denise

My sons HP notebook uses vista and it should be a smoking fast machine but with vista it is a dog. He wants to dump vista and go to windows 7.

No issues with Windows 7 and LOR here either. Smooth and fast.

Now....7 and my printer on the other hand.....grrrrrrrr.

I have been using 7 since it came out. It runs Lor fine no problems yet. I haven't run a show with it yet. I have only programmed and have had no problems.

Sorry Ernie - I could have been more informative - I'm also running the 64-bit version.

Ive been using windows 7 since it was out. its given me know problems. here's what I'm running. windows 7 home premium, processor is a i5-750,at 2.67 Ghz, 8 gig ram and 64bit operating system. and its even a gateway pc, I've always bought dell. but they really got me mad so i spent my hard earned money and gateway and its been great, Now to answer your question, my lor has never ran better.....NEVER, I've been so happy, the only thing i would love to do is have "2" 30in screens side by side, Then I would really be a happy man.