Light-O-Rama Forums

Two Open Screens At Once

thedementedelf

I have tried several time and can't get this to work. I want to open LOR at the same time for side by side screens. I want to be able to cut from one screen and paste in the other.

Is this possible? If it is how stupid am I going to feel after someone answer.

Thanks

I realized after typing first message....I wasn't very descriptive....I'm looking to have two instances of LOR running at the same time and using one monitor. Left side of screen one instance, right side of screen the second. I am wanting to cut and past between them.

I tinkered for a few seconds, and couldn't get two copies of LOR to open.

However, you've always been able to have more than one sequence open. Why not open two sequences, align them up side by side, and do the copy/paste that way?

Well Duh... I guess I now know how stupid I would feel when someone came up with the answer. I hate it when my brain rolls over and plays dead. I totally overlooked that option and kept trying to have the program open twice.

Thanks Don

Welcome. Speaking brain rolling over and playing dead .. forget to record something for me? ;)

Don wrote:

I tinkered for a few seconds, and couldn't get two copies of LOR to open.

However, you've always been able to have more than one sequence open. Why not open two sequences, align them up side by side, and do the copy/paste that way?

Stretch the LOR window across both monitors and then size each sequence to each monitor. I have not tried it with LOR, but I do this frequently at work using excel spreadsheets.

Brian

Yes streching LOR across two screens will allow you to open multiple sequences, and see them side by side.

I use 2 monitors for sequencing, but I found that it's easier to get one widescreen for the sequencer and the second for the animation. That way I can watch the animation and the sequencer at the same time.
I use a 22" and I can fit two side by side, or turn it vertically and fit about 100 channels top to bottom. Saves a lot of scroll time.

Scott